Order of I-485 processing

gingibi

Registered Users (C)
With the I-485 approvals for 2001 people picking up in the last 3 months, I tried to determine what is order TSC is using to process cases: RD or ND. Although there had been a lot of activity for Aug 2001, I guessed most of these were May 2001 RD cases with ND dates in August. It looked like TSC is going by RD and trying to push the processing date further in 2001.

Reported experience from requests for expedite processing also suggests that TSC is considering the RD as cut-off date (this is also mentioned on the Processing times page on the USCIS website).

However recent approvals for people from Sep, Oct, Nov 2001 (I am so happy for you guys) somewhat shaked the RD theory.

From the consolidation spreadsheet we see a lot of approvals for May and August, but less activity for June and July.

Is it just me, or there is a possibility for the June/July cases being forgotten (again), or may be there is another sort order they are using (FP?)

I know there is no hope in trying to figure out the black magic of the TSC processing, but some guessing might help relieve the "blues" of being a 2001 TSC filer in early 2004.

Please do speculate and share your theories.

I really believe in the stack distribution theory.

Guys , I am convinced that a sky high load of charts gets dumped into a big processing room every week and the INS officers walk up a couple of times a day with a mug of coffee in their hands and a " Hey There " smile on their face and grab 4 or 5 files at a time and dump them in a processed stack. That's why some dates move faster as the quicker/ more experienced officers approve quicker than the more inexperienced of them. Also I'm starting to believe that 2 or 3 officers tackle one month worth of 485 petitions. The May and August stacks must be the tallest with priority dates becoming current around may and with the contractor strike around June causing delays in 6/7-01 notice dates. I predict big movements in processing times hopefully soon.

hey gingibi....

I can very well understand the pain and frustration as i am a fellow being ...

filed in may 01 nd july31 01 - and here i am still waiting!!!

you know even i have been trying to understand the tsc "black hole" - that's what i feel like calling it - it works like "Please apply for your case and forget it"....

recently there has been activity in the form of RFE and Approvals for src01231, and people have reported that they had filed ead/ap in dec and that might have triggered some movement in their case...

but wait and hear my stroy - i applied for ead in dec and here you go ins tsc- yesterday i got my approved ead cards!!! got very depressed - looks like the folks over there just don't want to approve my case!!!

gingibi some day we will get it too... just hold on - i am trying to be patient too but it is very tough!

Agreed

The one thing we have to be happy about is that TSC is approving. If you folks remember early last year we were in an almost hopeless situation where nothing was happening at TSC in the 485 area. The folks who get random approvals are lucky, what else can be said. Just hang in there and hope that TSC continues to process and we should be out of the woods soon.

I agree with ramanathansunda.
Till OCt 03, TSc guys got busy with TPS cases.
The off processing date was also stukc on Dec 2000 then for such a long time.
And since Oct 03, they have gone back to looking at 2nd half of 2001 ( based on stack theory), either approving, transferring or RFEing, and moving the official date as well in the process.
In between, some other 2002/03 cases got lucky.
Now let's hope TSC improves their speed.