OR question

NIW_help

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EB1-OR in April 08. due to the recent economic down turn, my present boss does not have money to support. I have to find a new position in the same work place. but he is willing to help me find a new position at the same place (univ) since they filed my case.
I may be getting a lower salary because of position change and a different title too.

will it affect my I-485? I do not have enough money to file my I-485 yet. that will cost me more than 6K (including medical, attorney fees etc.). so I want to wait till my I-140 approval.

so what are the implication of getting lower salary? will I get RFE for 485? or the case will b denied?

thanks for your help.

You should be fine. Just apply for I-485 by yourself - it takes $1500 usually including medial - $1050 or so for the application. Just ask your univ to sign it. There is an off chance you may get RFEd. But just include a blanket employment statement mentioning "Dr... has been working here since .... he is currently an (title)... do not mention salary.

nightsman is absolutely right, there is no reason to spend attorney's fee on a I-485 application; it is straightforward. Just check on these forums to make sure you have all the required paperwork before you send it. The application costs $1010 and the medical exam should be in the $100-$200 range, depending on the doctor. Of course, if you have family applying with you, then that will be more expensive.

thanks for the reply.
I have a family so the higher expense. I may not approach attorney for I485.
my only concern was OR is based on permanent position. so moving from that will have any deleterious effect on the application or not is my big concern
thanks

just get it done now..... before you actually move. It is based on date of application. Atleast get the letter stating your current job NOW. you can apply later. If I were you I would beg borrow or steal the money - think of it this way - this is not a luxury purchase but a necessity that at SOME POINT you have to spend. There is never going to be a discount. Why not spend it now than have the stress?

just clarify me. do I need employment details for filing I485?

on a different note
if necessary I may leave this country rather than live in a limbo. at this time saving money for my future rather than spending for this I485 is important. I dont even know whether my case will be approved or not. It is a big gamble. I had a very rough ride till now. so I am more towards pessimism rather than optimism.
I did foresee some turbulence but not this early.
when u have a big uncertainty about the future u want to play safe. Just got the news that Harvard is planning a cut down in spending. (they r the biggest guys) if they r considering this measure I do not know what is the future course for research.
It is gloomy. NIH reduced the resubmission of proposal, Petroleum fund is not giving new grants so is the case with few other agencies.
Many univ. including Cornell put a freeze on new hiring till mar '09.
after seeing all these I do not want to risk another 4-5K.
any way thanks for the suggestion.

just clarify me. do I need employment details for filing I485?

YES

on a different note
if necessary I may leave this country rather than live in a limbo. at this time saving money for my future rather than spending for this I485 is important. I dont even know whether my case will be approved or not. It is a big gamble. I had a very rough ride till now. so I am more towards pessimism rather than optimism.
I did foresee some turbulence but not this early.
when u have a big uncertainty about the future u want to play safe. Just got the news that Harvard is planning a cut down in spending. (they r the biggest guys) if they r considering this measure I do not know what is the future course for research.
It is gloomy. NIH reduced the resubmission of proposal, Petroleum fund is not giving new grants so is the case with few other agencies.
Many univ. including Cornell put a freeze on new hiring till mar '09.
after seeing all these I do not want to risk another 4-5K.
any way thanks for the suggestion.

SORRY TO HEAR THESE. This is YOUR CHOICE> I have no say. Do you work at CORNELL? I understand exactly what you are going through. I hope the new administration will be more pro science.