Options to apply sooner

zxmn52

Registered Users (C)
I know its little early to ask. But I am curious.

My GC was approved in Feb 2004, and my wife GC was approved in Jan 2006. We filed her GC as follow-to-join with 1 year delay.
I think I can apply for Citizenship in Dec 2008; my wife can file in Nov 2010. We want to take long vacation to stay in my home country for few years after we get Citizenship.
Is there any way we both together can apply early. Waiting for my wife's Citizenship seems long distance. Based on your experiences please provide all options I have.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna

I think you can live where ever you want once you get the citizenship. I do not think they have any restrictions.

Unless they bring new law into effect!!!

I think the only way to get a citizenship before the required residency period...is through a congressman.....
They will float a bill in congress with your name on it...and once it is passed you can get your citizenship instantly....if you can prove you deserve it.

Last I remember they tried it in congress for Elián González to prevent him from going to Cuba...

LOL... and for the rest of us mere mortals there is no way to speed up the process.

You've both got the wait the full 5 years, because even if you get your citizenship a year or two earlier, you're wife won't qualify for the 3 year rule as the 3 year period doesn't start until the day you become a USC.

Oh...there is one more way...if you sign up for armed forces and perform one year of active duty....then you get expedited citizenship...and you pay no fees...

harvydonald said:
Oh...there is one more way...if you sign up for armed forces and perform one year of active duty....then you get expedited citizenship...and you pay no fees...
If one dies while on active military service, he could become a U.S. citizen right away posthumously.

Thanks for inputs, I learned that, we have to wait for 2010(my wife's 5 yr period) to complete both our processes. Or I could take Citizenship in 2008 and leave for long vacation, and ofcource that abandons my wife's GC. Later when we come back, I have to file for her GC and wait 3 more years to get her USC.

zxmn52

Try to maintain your wife's GC if possible by filing N-470 (if you can) OR by having the wife visit US every 6 months. Best talk to an attorney.