options for people who ALREADY quit their sponserer "sooner"

AmericanWannabe said:
Don't worry too much. As I see the people around, the only thing I see
is that those people who never carrry the card, who never report change
of address, who do not report traffic violaton on N-400, who change
employer right after getting the GC all happily get citizenship.

Bad things I see is that the people die in car accidents, get disease
liek cancers, etc.

So if you have the nergy to worry, worry about more severe and more
likely things

Well said. It's the only post people need to read in this thread. If one has a clean 5 year history prior to N-400, then it's a cake walk. Say good bye to hypothetical fears and try to move on.

neocor said:
hipka, go see a Phychatrist, someone has really messed up with your mind.
I would ask you to see your lawyer and file a lawsuit against your employer for putting you into so much mental agony.
Its a real good case for a lawsuit.

neocor
Blind attack means that you have lost the argument.

hipka said:
Blind attack means that you have lost the argument.

The fact that you are taking this as an attack itself shows that someone is really messing around with you at work.
neocor

gin said:
LSI Logic has an Indian CEO. Computer Associates *had* an Indian CEO. I am not sure how many others have but you are missing one of the biggest point and that is, being a CEO takes your life away and I am sure, most of the Indians or for that matter, anyone would like to make a CEO salary but most of them don't have the desire or the will as it takes away the fine qualities of a family life. You become mechanical and have to constantly think about the job 24x7.

FWIW, my wife already complains that I am working a lot even though I am spending barely 8 - 9 hours at the job. To each his own.

You can even build an analogy with Female Presidents of USA. How many are there? None! Are they not smart enough?
Yes, being a CEO takes away family life and not everybody desires that. That's not true with ambitious people, they are ready to sacrifice family life. However my basic assumption is that top notch indians from premier institutes land up in the US, so we should have seen at least one CEO from the top 50 companies.
You can build a similar analogy with female presidents, minorities etc. but that's not an immigrant issue, its gender discrimination.

pralay said:
To be frank, hipka, you are the only second Indian in last 8 years I saw with same thought-line, even though I meet with many Indians everyday (and many of them are living happily here for more than 10 years). So my assumption is that meeting a person like you is as rare as meeting an Indian CEO. :)
Let me introduce you to my friends, you'll see how many people think like me!

hipka said:
However my basic assumption is that top notch indians from premier institutes land up in the US, so we should have seen at least one CEO from the top 50 companies.

As I mentioned earlier, the Indians landing in US in good volume is very recent event. Secondly, there are other factors - whether those top notch Indians have desires to be CEO at all (and take steps accordingly). In general, when someone have some ambition to become something (CEO, engineer, doctor or teacher) race can play a role. Normally kids (or person) wants to be just like any other successful people around him/her (also driven by economic condition in some other countries like India). That's why athelete's child become athelete. If you go to any good school, you will see most of the engineering and medical students are asian or Indian. On the other hand, most of the art/history/literature students are Americans. But it's unfair to say that art/literature departments have discrimination against Asian/Indians and engineering departments have discrimination against Americans. It's just a matter of students aspiration who happen to part of a particular race. Same thing applies for CEO's case. There are not many Indian takes steps to become CEOs (just my guess). That itself reduces the chance of becoming Indian CEO of top 50 companies.

Secondly, most of the CEOs top 500 companies (or 50) came from either financial backgrounds or manufacturing backgrounds (not from hitech background where there are many Indians). Even in many hi-tech companies, CEOs have long past experience in other industries. Example, HP's CEO Mark Hurd. So for the sake of argument, if you want to talk about discrimination, it's a discrimination on whole engineering community - whether it's american, asian or indian. So I don't think race plays a factor here.

Thirdly, American is an economy of 200+ years old. Obviously many races participated in this economy and made their own spaces. Indians are very new insertion into this economy - mostly as engineers. They are yet to get a wide spectrum in many other top management frields. I am sure things will change in next 50 years.

BTW, most of the chain budget motel owners are Indians. Those owners came from a particular region of India and they are very good at doing that kind of businesses. In this case, local American people accuse these chains for reverse discrimination. I guess while traveling you came across motels with sign "Owned and run by American".

Last edited by a moderator: