Options for green card holder to bring newly wedded spouce

hyd66

Registered Users (C)
What are the options for the green card holder to bring his/her newly wedded spouce from home country? Do they have fiancee visa option like citizens? Thanks.

What about a student visa? You can get your spouse here to study, then apply for the FB GC and by the time he/she finishes the degree, you will get the GC as well.

gingibi

Isn't this the same issue that was discussed in a thread last week, in which most people agreed that using an F1 visa could be considered fraud?

dms,

You are right - F1 is not a dual intent visa and it might be an issue. H1 would be the best as it would allow paralel I-485.

H1 or F1...man! I gave the same advice last time and everyone screamed at me for suggesting someone to do fraud as if I were a criminal..

jilag1 - didnt u say I was wrong to suggest H1 or F1?

Either way, I'd say get her here thru any other option and do a AOS. Do not go thru that wait-time. I told my cousin to do this and they went straight to the consulate and applied for immigrant visa..they waited 3.5yrs before she could come here.

Madhav

Originally posted by Mad Par

jilag1 - didnt u say I was wrong to suggest H1 or F1?
Madhav

Madhav, I said its fraud to enter US on F1 and than filing I-130 after coming here. H1 is always an option. No problems with H1 as dual intent.

ya whatever...

POJ - thats a good site..but if the guy is a citizen..it is easy to apply for fiance' visa...permanent residents cannot..isn't that true? thats what i understood from the site..

Madhav

Thanks

Thanks to all for the valuable info. This is bad situation for the green card holder. We should have some option atlest live together like fiancee visa. Do we have any option to request for special bill or law? If all of us join together, it would be loud voice.