OPT Status

IndyKa

Hi

I am a student and just applied for OPT. Can anybody let me know whats the status of OPT applications at VSC. How many days are they taking to issue new OPT's

Thanks
Indy

Hi its me again,

I forgot to add, I applied for OPT on 17th Jan and as per my bank statement they deposited my Chk of $120 on 27th Jan. its nearly 5 weeks and i still dont have the receipt.

How long is it taking to get OPT nowadays...

Indy

hey,
I guess it's like 3 - 31/2 months. I am a student too and I applied for OPT at VSC on the 10th of Feb, they received it on the
14th of feb, bank check says 19th of feb.
Keep me posted with the status of your application

Regards
Amit

Hello:

I applied for my OPT first week of Dec. Got my Receipt on the 23rd with the Receipt date as 19th of Dec. I still have not received my OPT. However, the status changed on the 9th of Mar (a sunday) saying:

My request has been approved and a new card has been ordered for me. My card will be mailed to me as soon as it is ready.

I could not make much sense of getting my card ordered but am just curious as to how long it would take for me to get it once the card was "ordered".

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Akshay

P.S: I applied from CT to the Vermont office.

OPT

hey guys,
did anyone who applied for OPT in the month of Jan- feb got approved from VSC, or do u know of anyone who got approved, I just want to know how much time is it taking now a days at VSC to approve the cases for OPT.

Regards

please explain

I checked the online status of my OPT application and it said

"This case has been approved. On April 3, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours."

What does it mean. Does it mean that they have mailed me my card, or it's something just to say that my case has been approved. Can someone tell me how much time does it take from the approval date to get the OPT/EAD card.

Regards

OPT approved

Hello guys,
i applied for OPT at Vermont , the receipt date is 25th Feb, i had applied on 18th Feb. I got the receipt in the 1st week of march and received my EAD on 12th April. The approval was on 9th April
Hope that helps

For those who have got their OPT fees checks cahed out by INS but have not received notice yet.

If your bank returns your cleared checks to you, then you can check the back side of your check. There will be some number starting with "WAC". That's gonna be your file/application number. You can use that number to track status online.

Good luk to you guys...