OPT receipt

Amit Singh

Registered Users (C)
Hey all,

I applied for the OPT /I-765 on the 10th of Feb and I got a hand written receipt some 15days back from VSC. Did anyone apply for OPT also.
Does anyone know anything about the backlog stuff at VSC and how much time is it taking for VSC to process OPT applications.
I have to start a job from 5th May so can I go to the baltimore INS office for Interim EAD even before the 90 days have passed from the day they received my application. The hand written receipt dosen't say anything except my receipt number and the dollar amount

Regards

Amit, I also applied and got same like you and verified the handwritten receipt number it is valid EAD receipt number and status is under process

Karangc

OPT is.......

Hi guys,
OPT is Optional Practical Training that F-1 students can avail after finishing the course requirements of a degree. It is the EAD for F1s.

God when I worked on the OPT we used to call it the EAD at that time. And that was only 5 years ago. Jeez... even I was wondering what the OPT was!!!

OPT

hey guys,
so, does any one know how much time is it taking now a days...for the OPT to arrive from VSC.

regards

OPT is the name or title of the program/benefit given to you by the BCIS (INS), after you have completed your study.

EAD is the name or title of the document that authorizes you to work anywhere in the U.S. If your EAD is issued with regards to OPT, there will be annotation at the bottom of the card.
EAD related to the GC processing does not have any annotations.

This is related to F-1 right?? I got my EAD from my F-1 a couple of years back. Now it is completely different yes.

Amit did you got approved, might not yet. Is there is any one
you got just paper receipt instead of regular ne from INS

got approved

hey ,
i got approved and i also got my card last week.....well for me it went really fast.....in 1 1/2 months i got my card

regards