OPT Not Delivered

maverick123

My OPT application got approved on 5th Nov by CSC and they mailed it on 9th Nov. Its been more than 14 days (as of today 24th Nov) and not delivered yet.

So, is there anything wrong or does it usually take this much time with California Service Center...

Also, if I request them to re-send the card, how much time does that take?? I already have a pending offer...

Thanks.

i had this problem .. even though they say 14 days on the website it is 30 days if you call them. If you have not changed your address you should recieve it in specified time. Call INS and ask them about the delay. If you need to reapply it should have passed 30 days i think(confirm with INS). There is a charge of $195 for reapplying.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, my OPT was returned to USCIS as undelivered. Anyhow, I called customer service and updated the address [in fact I never moved, I even received a couple letters from USCIS at that address].

So, I was wondering if you [or anyone] had this problem, how much time did it take them to re-deliver the card [once you have called the customer service].

Any information in this regard will be appreciated...

I've already answered to the same question of yours posted in the other section, but I'll post basically the same answer here.

This happened to me, too. The EAD card didn't arrive, went back to BCIS, and they discarded it. Back in my time there was no way to keep tracking online, so it was about a month after BCIS sent it out when I found out something went wrong. I requested re-issue and it took about two months to receive the re-issued OPT EAD card in my hand.

Basic Timeline based on my memory:

Mid September: Filed the application
Mid December: BCIS sent out my card
Mid January: I found it didn't arrive, then re-applied
Mid March: The card finally arrived