OPT news/tracking

No Interim EAD

To my bad luck I was encountered by the same lady at the EAD desk and she recognised me and said. You came before this also we dont issue cards here bla abala bla.............................

Dont know what to do next...
I was to join the job yesterday but cannot until I have my papers...

This is really frustrating.

Anyone having any experience at the newark office
Regards

BUffalo DO

does anyone belong to the buffalo areas and has tried for IEAD from BUffalo DO..kindly let me know what is the status there?

thank you

difference between reciept date and notice date

In murthy.com I read that your 90 days for infopass appt should be counted from notice date and not reciept date..can anyone tell me what is difference between notice date and reciept date?

reciept date = when you get your reciept no. USCIS acknowledges the reciept of my application

notice date??

RD vs ND

Hi
reciept date is the date your application was received at USCIS

and notice date is the date on which the USCIS issues a notice of action to you -the I797 C which states that your case has been recieved at USCIS

BTW i for got but when did you apply???

regards

Pooja: sorry to hear that you did not get your IEAD. Are you applying for EAD based on OPT??

Cause I got my IEAD yesterday at Newark. They did not ask any questions. 3 more students got it with me.

Mgupta: Buffalo issues IEAD's...one of my friends got it from there. Dont worry and just get an infopass appointment and you will get your card.

for I-ead

Hi, I have applied for OPT at Vermont service center, i have some questions:

my application received date: 5/08/06
notice date:5/13/06

do I have to take into consideration the notice date or received date for applying for intereim-EAD?

Also, my local office will be hartford- if considering the address i gave during applying for opt, but now i am staying in New york - so can i apply for I-EAD in new york city office.

any suggestions are appreciated

thanks

Travel while EAD and H1B are pending

Hi,

I have the following question: I still haven't got my EAD (Vermont office, applied May 23) and since I have no idea when it will be approved, my employer is applying for H1B on Monday, Aug 21 (premium processing). Can I travel outside US (Canada) if the H1B case is pending? Or do I have to wait till I receive the H1B approval or the actual paper? Also, if I magically receive the EAD approval e-mail, would that be sufficient to reenter US or do I need the actual card?

Also, scheduled infopass appointment to try for the I-EAD, but my local (DC) office didn't have any available, so I signed up for one in NYC. Will they even let me in since this is not my local office?

Thanks so much for your advice!

RD June 28
Approval update August 4
Card sent update August 6
Card recieved August 10

Applied for employment start date as August 1 but now Start date as approval date i.e August 4

Thank you for sharin your views it was a great support.

op805,

when is ur NYC iEAD appt.? please do update on what happened

Dallas DO denied iEAD. Houston DO dint appreciate me trying to apply at a DO outside my jurisdiction but they donot give iEADs anywayz. i wanna try at other texas DOs that may possibly give iEAD.

so, jus wanna know what happs if u apply in a DO which is outside ur jurisdiction.

thanks a ton.

to priya

priya 725
thank you so much for your response. Can you tell me when you applied
and also if you requested an expedite? I am planning to send a fax tomorrow,
but I do not have the letter from the employer yet. What did you send if you did?
thank you any info may help me
Monica

Mona,

i applied at Texas Service Center,RD May 12th, Approved 11th aug.

On july 27th, I faxed an expedite request from me (i've e-mailed u the letter),and also sent my offer letter along with it.
On aug 2nd, I requested my international councellor to fax a letter to TSC saying its almost 90 days and he also mentioned that might lose the job if it takes longer.
On aug 9th, i faxed a letter from my employer along with the offer letter. they had reqyested USCIS to expedite my process so that i can join them and that they've been holding my position since a long time.

with all ur faxes, send in the i-797c (the appl. notice u got). Send ur fax to VSC.

For info on my *sad* iEAD experience at Dallas, see
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1491571#post1491571

this thread also has info on some newark iEAD experience.

For info on what to take for iEAD, see
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=216840&page=16&pp=15

feel free to email me, if u need any more info.

Hello
I received today 8/18 my I-ead and when I got home I had my opt approved, which appeared to me quite incredible, so I guess they updated from Newark or something. It was incredibly easy. Good luck to you.

OPT approved - question

I got an email notification from USCIS that my OPT application has been approved today, August 18th.

Receipt date: July 11
Notice date: July 13
Approval date: August 18

What's puzzling is that I cancelled this application (via fax), after my original expedite request had been denied, and sent yet another application on August 4th. Well, I am curious what happens to my second OPT application with a later starting date.