OPT news/tracking

yitsi80

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have any news on vermont OPT approvals for applications submitted at the end of april/ start of May.

My stats are:
RD 05/03/2006
ND 05/06/2006
LUD 05/13/2006
Approval???? :(
I-EAD appointment @ manhattan office 08/04/2006

I initiallt aplied on May 14th, receipt date May 19th. They send my application back as I unfortunaly signed my ckeck wongly (putting 05 for year instead of 06). I reapplied on May 23 rd, receipt date: JUNE 5 th.

I have received email that my OPT application has been approved today for the receipt no. of JUNE 5th.

reason could be found on my other thread here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1480757#post1480757

Hope you all get OPT in proper time!
Good luck.

I am assuming that you applied at VSC??...what start date did you ask for in your application??? its kinda weird that people who applied in the last week of april / beginning May are still waiting and yours was approved with a RD of June 5th ...

my h-1b was also approved via PP (expedited) ..but it did not affect my OPT application!

In any case congratulations on the approval...you should get your card within the next 7-10 days...

Good luck!

RD - May 3rd
ND - May 8th
LUD - May 13th

thanks

Thanks for the reply!!
I am also surprized to get approval this morning! It sure made me relaxed!
Yes I did applied to VSC.

Hi: yes I can imagine what a relief it must be!! -:)

can you please let me know...What was the start date that you asked for in your OPT application?

thanks.

sure

I asked August 15th to be my start date.
I have been so tensed for last few weeks I can't tell. My emplyer want me to join even earlier if possible! I even talked yesterday to my international graduate office. They said it is taking really long this year and I should notify my emplyer that there might be at least 15 days delay.

Today, My OPT, H1-B and my wife's H4 all got approved! I am still checkinh it every hour just to make sure they did not send approval by mistake!

here is a curious thought--- my ND and LUD are both saturdays which is interesting considering that this is the gov't we are talking about. Also anyone know what the hours are for the good folks at ther service centers?

Still Waiting

Hi

I have a recipt date of April 10th and still waiting for my EAD from VSC. I dont understand what the hell are they doing.

When I went for I-EAD(Newark) I was told to wait for my EAD to come from VSC.

It has been almost 4 months since when i applied.

I have taken another appointment at Newark.

Anyone who has got Interim EAD from Newark please post here.

Thanks and Regards

Okie, yesterday the notice was " you application has been approved and an approval nitice was mailed"

today the notice is: "On July 27, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER UPDATE WHEN THEY ACTUALLY MAIL IT?

OKIE..PROBABLY THE LAST TIME I AM VISING THIS BOARD...

Here is my time line:
applied on may 23.
receipt date: JUNE 5th.
Approval: July 27th
Card in my pocket: 1st Ausust.

Good luck to you all!

Expedite request

Hi Mehak,
I read at one of the post that you were to fax them for expedite request.

Did you faxed them/ if yes what happened next.....

regards

Hi Pooja: I was planning to..but did not fax them a request..I have an appointment for IEAD tomorrow at Newark - but reading your experience I have absolutely NO hopes at all.

I just spoke to customer service and the lady kept on saying that VSC is processing apps for April 14 ...and told me to wait...this really sucks that other SC's are processing apps from May 10 onwards...and we are still stuck in April.

yitsi: did you get any updates?

Appointment at Newark Office

You said you have an appointment tomorrow at Newark i.e. 3rd August... What Time? I have mine at 12.45 pm.

Let me know if you are coming

Regards

good luck to you guys...students under TSC are very lucky they are in a much better position than us..I have already lost one job offer the second one is from September 5th I dont know what to expect..