OPT Extension thru another company after H1 approval starting 1-Oct-09?

gcdetails

Registered Users (C)
My OPT expires in Dec-09 and I have an H1 approval from 1-Oct-09 thru Company A but I got a job thru company B. Is it possible that I get an OPT extension for 17 months? Is it necessary to revoke the current H1 to get OPT extended.

I have the same Question Please do some body reply

Hello
I am Sameer,I have graduated(Masters in Computer Science) December 15 2008 and my OPT started on the same day. I got my job as a fulltime
employee in the IT sector for company ABC . I have also applied for H1B visa from an other Employer XYZ company in april 2009 through Consular processing
and without Change of Status. My H1 got approved in the month of May 2009. I asked my Attorney regarding my start date of H1 and he said that , your H1b will
start after you go to india and get stamped, OPT and H1B are 2 different things and you can also apply for OPT extension even if your H1 is approved.
I also consulted an other attorney and he said the quite opposite "You would not be eligible for an OPT extension since your H1B is started and your H1B
will kick in starting from OCt 1st. Please do answer the my questions

1) can I apply for OPT extension, if so it is granted, could i start my H1B visa after my OPT extension also expires (ie may 2011).

2) If I cant apply for OPT extension, can I delay my H1B visa and let it start from December 2009