Opt expiring...what options left after I-140 approval?

resham

Registered Users (C)
I am a RN, graduated from US college with an associate degree in Nursing. My OPT is expiring soon in abt 1 month. My sponser filed I-140 in EB3 category and was approved.
However, I-485 and EAD have not been applied so far. When can I apply for a EAD card?

I plan to switch back to F1 status after my OPT expires to maintain my legal status and get BS in Nursing. I would like to keep working at my current employer if possbile, what are my options there? Finally, will I get another OPT after I finish my bachelor degree in Nursing. Would it be more appropriate to apply for H1-b visa then? Thx.

You can go get a BSN to kill time and see if visa numbers open up or the situation improves and they pass some law. However I would recommend that if your grades are good you try to get directly in an RN -MSN program to become a Nurse Practitioner etc. If you become an NP or another type of APN you may also be eligible for an H1 B visa under the US Masters quota and it will open up more opportunities for you to work given the unavailability of visa numbers.