OPT expired - O1 visa

lotus2008

Registered Users (C)
I had my master degree last year. My OPT expired on June 27 2008. Right now I am within 60 days legal stay. I want to apply O1 artist visa. But I only have 17 legal days left. How can I stay here longer to prepare my O1 application while remaining my status legally (at least I need one more month)? Any of your suggestions are highly being appreciated.

You can try switching to a B1/B2 visa, but its a risky move. I would advise to leave the US until your O1 is approved. O1 is eligible for premium processing so you can have it approved in a few days once you submit the application.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Moreover, there is a language school willing to offer me I20 form. My visa has expired. I do not know if I can legally stay here only with I20? will it affect my O1 visa application? your further advice is really appreciated.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Moreover, there is a language school willing to offer me I20 form. My visa has expired. I do not know if I can legally stay here only with I20? will it affect my O1 visa application? your further advice is really appreciated.

Since your status has ended you will need to get a new visa outside the US (for both, O-1 or F-1). You can't do AOS at this point. O-1 is pretty difficult to get. Consult with an experienced attorney.

Since your status has ended you will need to get a new visa outside the US (for both, O-1 or F-1). You can't do AOS at this point. O-1 is pretty difficult to get. Consult with an experienced attorney.

Thank you very much for your important information. I will consult with an experience attorney next week

Have a nice day

Hi I would like to consult one more question with you. I went to see one lawyer yesterday and he told me that I am qualified to apply to O1 visa according to my documentation and he suggested me to apply to it in these two weeks in the USA and choose the premium service( I will be out of status on 26 August 2008). What do you think? Will be better I apply it out of country or in the country? If I apply it during the grey period , will effect my application? Thank you so much again.