OPT ended ,have an approved H1B but laid off recently ...please help

kishore1104

Hi All,
I have a situation here.
My OPT extension has ended on June'6 2011 and I filed my H1B petition with premium processing in April 2011 way before my OPT is about to end and I got approval with in the next week, so far so good. But recently the company is going through the financial hardships so laid off all the people with the exception that they left me active on the pay roll means they didn't updated the pay roll company as terminated on my case as per my request. The company didn't revoked my visa yet and I am looking for jobs actively. And also I applied for my Cap-Gap I20 and got a email from my college that it may take a few days more before they could issue the I20 as the college is waiting for a datafix from the SEVIS, don't know what's this datafix is?. And on top of this one more issue is the company didn't paid me from march'2011, but they have given me a document that I will be paid the deferred income later and given me the stock option of rolling that amount as the company stocks, which i haven't decided to got for that as of now.

So my issue is am I in a bad situation now and if I get my I20 and if I find a new job and if that new company files a new H1B will I face any complicated issues and will this deferred income statement will be ok to show that i have some document from the previous company that i will be paid some point later. Let me remind you guys my visa has not been revoked yet.

Please suggest something appropriate if I am in a bad situation now ?? Please