OPT/EAD- Help!!

indianwarrior23

Hello everyone,

I have applied for OPT/EAD card with a start date of 1st July. My Receipt date for the OPT application is May 31st. The EAD applications with the receipt date of May 31st are currently being processed at Vermont as shown in the last update on June 21st. There has been no change in the status till now. I already have a job offer and was supposed to start working from the 5th of July. They have given me a variable 2-week extension now. I have some questions:

1) If my OPT application is approved , Can I start working immediately or do I need to wait for my EAD card?

2)I know some people who have had their applications approved in two weeks time, Is there anyway we can expeidite the processing of our OPT applications?

3)Can anybody tell me as to when USCIS updates their website..is there a specific time period or is it just random?

Please advise as I might lose the job offer if I don't have anything by the end of two weeks.

Thanks and I really appreciate ur advise and help on this,

Regards
D

1) If my OPT application is approved , Can I start working immediately or do I need to wait for my EAD card?

---If approved, you are golden, you can start working immediately, no doubt. Just incase your employer asks for it and dont let you work, there is a problem. But in many cases, they will understand and let you work.

2)I know some people who have had their applications approved in two weeks time, Is there anyway we can expeidite the processing of our OPT applications?

---NOPE, there is no way to get it approved that fast.

3)Can anybody tell me as to when USCIS updates their website..is there a specific time period or is it just random?

---I think they did it every night.

hello indira gandhi,

can you confirm on the the first answer and provide a reference. the reason i ask is because my school international student dean claims that we cannot start working until we physically receive the card. i dont want to believe in the dean either but just wanna confirm.

thank you.

opt help

hey indianwarrior
i can't really help you, but i was actually wondering if you could keep us updated on your status. i'm in a similar position, waiting to get opt approval--and my receipt date is june 8th. i am also wondering why they haven't updated the website since june 21st.
thanks and good luck

USCIS processing dates updated today the 7th of July. OPT/EAD with a receipt date of June 15th being processed currently.

I have not received a decision yet even though I have a receipt date of May 31st. :(

still no response...

thanks a lot indianwarrior
i tried to call them today but they just said to wait... please keep me updated with your status so i'll know when i can expect my eac. hopefully we'll get the approval soon and be able to start working in time. :)

OPT waiting

My wife is still in the same boat.

My wife had applied for OPT at VSC in May (Receipt Date is 05/13) and still has not gotten the approval. Current Processing date for I-765 application for F-1 student is 06/15 so I am wondering what is taking so long to approve it.

We call customer service today since information on the web site states that “if you file your case 30 days or more before the processing date, call customer service”. Customer service transferred our call to immigration officer and immigration officer told us that they cannot do anything until three months wait time has reached.

Should we call customer service back and request to take action since processing date is one month after our receipt date.

We would appreciate any suggestions that you may have. Thanks!!!

We called VSC

We called VSC yesterday (Friday) and customer service rep opened a query for my wife's application. She said they will informed us within a month. InidanWarrior and awaitingOpt, please post when your OPT status is updated. I will do the same. Thanks!

solution=Interim ead

I think if 90 have passed since ur receipt date, u can go to local INS office and get a temporary ead card the same day and get to business immediately..

Hi all,

I have filed my OPT application on May 4th. Thats the reciept date I have recieved from the vermont service center. I have not yet recieved any decision regarding my OPT. It would be 90 days by August 4th. I have no hopes that I would be getting the approval in the next two weeks. Could some one tell me the procedure to get the temporary card after 90 days.

Dear itduz, please tell me anything you might know regarding this.

Any information would really help me. Its really frustrating to wait this long for the OPT card... :mad:

Thanks,

TK.

approval received

hi, i wanted to let you know that my case has been approved july 12 and my card was sent july 16 (not received yet). this is really weird b/c i applied after you guys (june 8 receipt date). i have no idea why they don't do this in order. i hope you get your approval very soon!

OPT card after 90 days

Hi everyone,

Does someone know the procedure to get the OPT card though we dont get the approval after 90 days of reciept date. Any information helps me.

Thanks in advance,

TK.

you make an infopass appointment, and go to your local office with all your OPT and F-1 related docs. You get an interim EAD.

Background check for OPT???

International student advisor at my wife's school inquired about the case at vSC and here is the response that she recevied -

"The processing of the petition/application has been delayed. All
petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine
security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of
petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will
be completed. We apologize for the delay."

Do they check security backgroud check for OPT I-765 applications?

Thanks!

is finger print required for opt

hi gurus

i applied for opt online 08-01-05 and send the supporting documents thru mail, reached and updated, on 8-9-05. my question is does the opt applicants nead to get the finger printing appointment.

i am really worried. any suggestions please.

thanks in advance.

Infopass

Can you get an infopass appointment for an interim EAD card if you have an approved case?

I have my doubts.