OPT/EAD for Aug start date

am I the worst case?

Finally, I have found some people on the same boat!
I have applied for OPT on 22nd of April and still have not recieved anything.
And of course, have a job offer where they actually specified 17th of July for the starting date. I am not show how much longer they will wait for me.

I guess my case is almost the worst case even in this thread.
Do anyone know people who applied around last week of April?
Have they all got approved?
I am just getting too worried about the worst case which they reject my case.
Thanks for any response!

OzzyPipa you should go and apply for an I-EAD. you need to apply for an appointment on the uscis.gov webstie via infopass. let us know how it goes.

Worst case in this Thread

Hi Ozzy,
It is me who is having the worst case of all.
My recipt date is 10 th April and have heard nothing from VSC except for the Notice of reciept till date.

It is almost 4 months still the update syas"your case recieved on April 10th and......."

I have a job to join which I have already postponed for a month in July.

I think I may loose the job
it is getting worse at USCIS.

June 20 they were processing applications of April 9th and today July 30th They are still processing April 16th Cases and even out of those more than half of the people have not recieved there cases approved.

Getting more frustrated day by day

Regards

OKIE JUST RECEIVE AN EMAIL UPDATE! IT IS 6 IN THE MORNING! NOT AN USUAL TIME FOR UPDATE I GUESS!

HERE IS THE UPDATE NOTICE:
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On July 29, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

REMEMBER, MY RECEIPT DATE WAS 5TH OF JUNE.
OTHERS MAY BE LITTLE RELAXED! THEY MUST BE PROCESSING JUNE APPLICATIONS NOW!

a july RD date getting his card- DOES NOT relax those of us with start of MAY RD still waiting for any update let alone the card. But it is nice to know that they are working.

thanks for the updates Bankans,
However I was hopeing that someone else who has recieved thier paper work could let us know the details you have been giving. This was we can get an idea of where they are (working in order or if they are juming around). Also I have a Rd of June 9 so i kind of hope my paper work was under yours since i just got of the phone with HR (for my company) and they seemed to think this was all my fault.

bankans said:
OKIE JUST RECEIVE AN EMAIL UPDATE! IT IS 6 IN THE MORNING! NOT AN USUAL TIME FOR UPDATE I GUESS!

HERE IS THE UPDATE NOTICE:
Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On July 29, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

REMEMBER, MY RECEIPT DATE WAS 5TH OF JUNE.
OTHERS MAY BE LITTLE RELAXED! THEY MUST BE PROCESSING JUNE APPLICATIONS NOW!

Hi,
My name is Sowmya, i've a issue with my EAD, I applied on May 10th and its now 90 days since i applied and my case is still pending.I came to know that I can apply for a interim EAD through the Hartford office in CT, but I am unable to get an appointment through the infopass any time. It always says appointments unavailable.I read a thread in this forum about somebody not able to get an appointment in Hartford office. Is there some other way of getting this appointment? I already have a job offer, Can somebody please help me?
Thanks,
Sowmya

Hi job

I am an international student and just graduated with a masters degree in Accounting Information Systems. Where can I get an employer to file H1 for me. I need help urgently as my OPT is about to start. Thanks.