Opt-ead Card

sendhil_s

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had applied for my OPT EAD card on OCT 2003 and it was approved and mailed to me. but it neither reached me nor went back to the INS. Meanwhile I had to wait 90days till jan 04 before I could enquire about it following which I had to wait 60days again for them to look into it as they won't allow me to pursue the case until the given time period (60days) has expired. Lastly, in March I was told to apply for a replacement EAD card.
Earlier I was told by the INS that I can work based upon the Notice of Action Letter I had received, also I had the online case approval. My OPT start date was Jan05, 2004

My ques:
Can I file for my H1 without the EAD card as it may take anywhere from 30-90 days for my replacement card to come?
If yes, what documents I would require, else what are my options.

Thanks
Senthil

Originally posted by sendhil_s
Hi,

I had applied for my OPT EAD card on OCT 2003 and it was approved and mailed to me. but it neither reached me nor went back to the INS. Meanwhile I had to wait 90days till jan 04 before I could enquire about it following which I had to wait 60days again for them to look into it as they won't allow me to pursue the case until the given time period (60days) has expired. Lastly, in March I was told to apply for a replacement EAD card.
Earlier I was told by the INS that I can work based upon the Notice of Action Letter I had received, also I had the online case approval. My OPT start date was Jan05, 2004

My ques:
Can I file for my H1 without the EAD card as it may take anywhere from 30-90 days for my replacement card to come?
If yes, what documents I would require, else what are my options.

+++++++++++++I think I have answered this today only. Anyhow, I will repeat. You can try for the H-1. Certainly worth trying.

Thanks
Senthil