OPT - EAD Card processing time

sh4ronrose

I have a situation here...My OPT was approved on June 17 but (after my advisor in campus called several times to the USCIS) I just got the email saying that they ordered the OPT card on July 21. Could that be so long? I haven't been working for over a month now (I was working under the CPT before). My bos is on vacation now for a week and I don't want him to come back and I still can't work. That would be awful. I'm very stressed out as I didn't know that the process would take very long.

My advisor told me that there's nothing I can do for now other than waiting. Could somebody please let me know if there's away for me to expedite the process? And if there is, how? I did call the California USCIS, but there's no option for me to talk directly to an officer (except if we'd like to change address).

Thanks a lot!

OPT Status still Pending

I have a situation here...My OPT application was received on Nov 12 but still my case status is in the "Initial Review" stage, which is bothering me since a few of my friends filling on Nov 23 have already received their OPT card. I havent received any query as yet since i had multiple I -20 for my CPT.

I even called the CSC last week and they asked me to keep checking online for any status change. I was wondering if there is First Come First Serve policy for application process. Is there any other way i could find out the current status or expedite my process. If so how

Thanks a lot