Oppose Processing Fee Increase For Various Application

Earlier, on an annual basis...one used to apply for EAD/AP Renewal ....
it used to be $180 + $170 = $350 and now $340 + $305 = $645 per applicant...

Have they gone crazy or what? and they are saying we need to adjust for inflation which is what 3% or so...

Consider 1) the USCIS cannot achieve a goal of 6-months processing standard by the end of September 2006, that is set and confirmed by the USCIS itself; 2) the visa number retrogression still exists and many people have to renew their EAD, AP year by year or keep filing H-1B extension including H4 and 3) how much the financial burden will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
banta4gc said:
Earlier, on an annual basis...one used to apply for EAD/AP Renewal ....
it used to be $180 + $170 = $350 and now $340 + $305 = $645 per applicant...

Have they gone crazy or what? and they are saying we need to adjust for inflation which is what 3% or so...

Second year EAD/AP will be free.

If only this money would go for a fast name check I would gladly pay few thousand $$ - rather then waiting and paying for WOM down the line.

Ead/ap

So, according to the proposed law, those who have already filed for I-485/EAD/AP are going to be benefited, as they will not have the EAD/AP filing fee from now on? Is that corect?

Second year EAD/AP will be free.

If only this money would go for a fast name check I would gladly pay few thousand $$ - rather then waiting and paying for WOM down the line.

Are you sure? Where did U see this ....that would be awesome!!