Oppose illegal amnesty notions those could impact legal immigration system

Forget about demonstrations. Illegals demonstrated and after that Numbersusa membership grew by 20,000+ overnight. It backfired big time on illegals. The proof that it backfired is that in spite of the Presidents, giant corporation and big lobbying money involved, CIR is stuck.

GCLOVER007 said:
Can we make a call to all legal immigrants (who got affected) and do a relay of walk in washington or state capital?

Sitting and talking and debating in this forum is useless, We need to take some drastic action before the Fiscal year starts for USCIS.

Illegal in this country went forward and showed their strength, that why don't we come up? Is this because we are educated and wanted to do diplomatic way?

Please come up with an idea.

GCLover007

Last edited by a moderator:
UN, when would we see the stats on this ? Is that issued with the October 2006 visa bulletin ?

unitednations said:
Statistics don't lie. USCIS/DOS broke law last year by making eb3 unavailable and gave visas to India above their quota.

However, in any lawsuit there has to be a remedy. We can't ask for financial remedies. We can only make them follow the law better which I believe they have done this year. We shall see when statistics come out.

I am watching very carefully and intently; if uscis/dos did go over the limit, it would have been two years in a row. If there is no legislative relief on the visas and it looks like this is the way it is going to be then there will be lawsuits from people from ROW.

unitednations said:
Although the frequent posters of the boards are Indian nationals; how many people do you really see in a panic from other countries?

If you were to march/demonstrate and tell a reporter your story; what would you tell them how you are being harmed.

Arguments against you: You are in the country working legally, making money, you can stay here until your greencard gets approved. If greencard is for permanent job and it is just a waiting game, then what is the problem?

Your arguments:

I want my wife to work? (this would backfire as you are going to increase the number of workers to the economy).

I want to use advance parole so that I don't go for visa stamping because consulate asks too many questions and they may not let me back in?

I have too many layers and I want to work for a different company where I can make more money (normal reaction to this would by then why don't you just quit and go to that company; your answer would be they don't do h-1)

The economy would be harmed if I left. (There is no merit in this argument whatsoever.)

I pay taxes (people in america used to use this decades ago when paying taxes was voluntary. Sorry to be blunt but it is the stupidest/most ignorant argument to make).

As you can see; it is very difficult to argue why they should let more peple get greencards, especially the legal side. One side of me things that if they decreased h-1b visa quota from a few years ago then it would be counter intuitive to increase greencard quota.

If you need less temporary then why do you need more permanent?

Thank you for your reasonable and unbiased commentary unitednations:)

unitednations said:
Although the frequent posters of the boards are Indian nationals; how many people do you really see in a panic from other countries?

If you were to march/demonstrate and tell a reporter your story; what would you tell them how you are being harmed.

Arguments against you: You are in the country working legally, making money, you can stay here until your greencard gets approved. If greencard is for permanent job and it is just a waiting game, then what is the problem?

Your arguments:

I want my wife to work? (this would backfire as you are going to increase the number of workers to the economy).

I want to use advance parole so that I don't go for visa stamping because consulate asks too many questions and they may not let me back in?

I have too many layers and I want to work for a different company where I can make more money (normal reaction to this would by then why don't you just quit and go to that company; your answer would be they don't do h-1)

The economy would be harmed if I left. (There is no merit in this argument whatsoever.)

I pay taxes (people in america used to use this decades ago when paying taxes was voluntary. Sorry to be blunt but it is the stupidest/most ignorant argument to make).

As you can see; it is very difficult to argue why they should let more peple get greencards, especially the legal side. One side of me things that if they decreased h-1b visa quota from a few years ago then it would be counter intuitive to increase greencard quota.

One argument. Every day my PR is delayed my ability to gain citizenship is delayed. Isn't that against the great American dream...

unitednations said:

Another big argument against as seen by the average Joe on the street:
We're sending millions of good paying jobs to India and I'm supposed to feel sorry for Indians taking the few jobs we have left in America?

(NB: I don't agree with that argument but it is the prevelant thinking in the country today)

unitednations said:

Temporary workers are like temporary taxes....they're never temporary.

Delay in naturalization is a flimsy argument. There are many green card holders who never naturalize and don't plan to.

True

unitednations said:
When Rajiv filed his lawsuit a couple of years ago so that USCIS would decrease the backlogs; he asked for reasons how people were being harmed.

Many people posted; however, it was not within the law or ran counter to what greencard was for.

The only thing that made its way into the lawsuit was it delayed getting citizenship. It is pretty weak argument if you asked me. I don't even have the statistics of how many people eventually naturalize and if they naturalize how fast they do it after getting permanent residency.

The main way to get the greencards increased has to come from the company side of things. It is an employer based system. Currently, it is difficult for companies to argue they are being harmed. Mainly because they can get people here on h-1 and don't need to wait for years.

The main profession that is in demand and the main way to get people here through greencard route is physical therapists and nurses. Since it was easy for hospitals to show how they were being harmed, they set up a special quota for them.

True. A research scientist in Hospital got some attention (see a thread from Immigrationvoice.org).

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1276

any new legalization program has to come with more visas. and don't forget the guest workers. just think, 200k every year.