Opinions please !!

caramba

Registered Users (C)
- My ND is 3/3/00, and I got an RFE for employment letter and updated biographic info - on 4/27/01. Lawyer is still preparing the response.
- I140 and I485 are under different names - company was acquired, but no amended I140 was filed.
- now we will be having layoffs - this week.
- The lawyer said that they would file an amended 140 along with the other info asked for

If i get laid off, am I screwed? it\'s been more than 180 days. I\'ve asked my boss to let the powers that be extend my time for a few more weeks till it comes thru if I am on the dreaded list. The lawyer may have put the stuff on hold till the news comes out.

Any ideas folks? thanks in advance for responses....

No Title

Request your management to respond to RFE and ammended I-140 ASAP, I am sure they\'ll be able to help you given your special circumstance. That way you are safe whatever happens. In worst case scenario you should still be ok as it is not your fault and as per attorney sheela murthy/shusterman and others INS official has verbally stated that 180 day rule is applicable to all cases.

There was also a case on this board a while ago who was approved with an interview inspite of being layed off after 180 days.

Good luck.

No Title

thanks. I\'m definitely hoping that I don\'t get laid off, and I\'m also working on getting the RFE responded to.
I guess I\'ll think about the 180 day rule when/if I come to that bridge. what will happen to the RFE in that case, if the co. does not agree to respond to it?