Only way out from Retrogression

gb04

Registered Users (C)
Now that our worst fears have come true and maybe begun to accept the reality of the situation, the only hope on the horizon is the McCain-Kennedy Immigration Bill which, if passed, could more than double the speed with which EB cases are processed. Read Title VI from this page:

http://kennedy.senate.gov/~kennedy/statements/05/05/2005517940.html

Title VI: Family Unity and Backlog Reduction • Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are not counted against the 480,000 annual cap on family-sponsored green cards, thereby providing additional visas to the family preference categories • The current per-country limit on green cards is raised slightly to clear up backlogs • Income requirements for sponsoring a family member for a green card are changed from 125% of the federal poverty guidelines to 100%, and other obstacles are removed to ensure fairness • The employment-based categories are revised to provide additional visas for employers who need to hire permanent workers, and the annual cap is raised from 140,000 to 290,000 • Immigrant visas lost due to processing delays are recaptured for future allotments.

We are still months away from this bill passing through congress and even then, I don't see atleast EB-3 India becoming current anytime soon. But still, this seems to be the only hope. Let's try to do our best to get this bill passed in the congress by whatever means; email, faxes, etc. The October visa bulletin somberly states that further movement of Priority dates will be very slow, which to me means: month by month. At this rate, a person who files PERM today in EB-3 (India) category should expect to see his/her case processed by say...July 2012!! Un-friggin-believable!

its over guys....I think we should plan a movement that hurts the Us Companies big time...then their Govt will come back on track and start treating our applications with respect.

they have made a mockery of our status here in US...its a shame....Lets unite and take action.

Nothing can be done

these rules are made by goras,remember phirangs ruled 40% of the world just 75 years back.inside information is all indian company biggies paid money to agencies that write rules for USCIS to backdate the LC Date so that they can exploit their people on h1b, you will see more stringent rules for H1b and AC21.aakhir gora khoon tho gora khoon hi hota hain.

we need a angel...until then we are scrued....
Does any one know what kind of angel lobbyist is required.....
need to unit big time,, otherwise we will be in this EAD reneval for ever...

Stupid Dates

I am not sure if we should laugh at these dates (which does not make any common sense) or we should cry and pay US Govt all H1B (3K) and EAD/AP Renewable Fees each year. :cool: :mad: :confused:
I agree that we have come here on our to work legally to this country. But this is exploitation and nothing different than Bond Labor (since we have to work with same employer or work with same title for next 5-6 years)

Increase EAD duration

Atleast if they increase the EAD/AP duration, that would be a great help at this time.

Drive in thousand to Washington DC. Tell our problem to Senator. Be it a peaceful march. Draw attention of media? Any taker?

&^%&^*^* Depressing

These uneducated USCIS B*sta*ds need to be taught a lesson. They are just jealous that we are educated and have capacities to earn 3 times what they earn at 1/2 their age.

I would like to join this fight and am more than willing to contribute $ to this cause. As so many people mentioned, no point sitting and just getting ra**d by those uneducated boors, we have to fight back for our rights