Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

Congrats abci_1...

Did you take any documentation other than what is mentioned in the interview letter? When I asked my doctor for the new medical tests, she said they are not necessary and she gave me a supplement to the Medical forms stating that all the required shots are taken. Is it enough?

Thanks

Sug.....

I took VA state taxes additionally (that was not asked in the interview letter), also took new photos.

My doc also first said she will not do full medical. We then told her that our attorney asked us to do.after that she agreed. I think it is good to do medical again. (to avoid unnecessary prolonging)

also employment letter from my current employer.I took pay stubs(she dint ask for that). She wanted Federal taxes.

Thats it....she dint ask anything else.She asked if i was still with the same company (the comapny i changed after 180 days)...i said yes.

Surprisingly she had gone through my file before and was ready when we went. Can u belive INS has some nice Officers like this?

All the Best for you :))

All,

In the interview letter for my wife it says " Need an affidavit of Support with 2000 of Tax return". I am taking all the tax returns. did anybody else got the same thing in the interview notice? andit didnot mention anything regarding the photographs, do we need to take the photographs?

Thanks

Sug..

Mine also said the same for the affidavit of support. Just take 3 year taxes.

However my officer additionally asked for state taxes which i had taken (although was not asked in the Interview letter).

Also, it is good to take new photos. Again this was not aske din interview letter, but Officer asked for it & was glad to have them.

tax returns

Hi abci,

Though still waiting for interview, have a question in my mind.

What does 'Tax returns' mean.

1. Is is W2 form that we receive for filing?
2. Copy of a tax filings ( federal and state)? (If you file online how do you get them?)
3. Of something else.

dhanush

Dhanush....

It is the copy of your Federal Taxes.

Even if u file this online, you can contact IRS (give your tax filing number or social security) and order the transcripts for the last three years. It is free, sorry. Earlier, I had said they charge for it. The number is 1-800-829-1040.

Usually they dont ask State taxes. But my Officer did. I had saved my online tax filing (VA) in a pdf. So just took a print out and produced that. I dont know if you can get that from some local tax office like the Federal taxes.But the online copy should do.

Hope this helps.

Just a suggestion. Why don't you ask your attorney to go and enquire about your case? Mine did and my attorney got the letter the very next day :))

All the Best

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview approved

Hi:

I went for interview today and after short interview I got approved and got my passport stamped. She just asked for the employer letter and Tax returns for the last three years. I haven't changed jobs during the green card process.

Thanks for all your support and Dhanush good luck to you.

SuG

rvaldez,Kobra,iexp...any one there?

All Arlington Interview Approved guys....

how long did it take for you guys to get the actual Plastic card?

Thanks

Successful Interview in Arlington

My husband and me both had a successful interview in Arlinton yesterday.

The lady who interviewed us is very nice. After taking the oath, she asked us for our passports and I94, then she asked us the past three years tax return form, our daughter's birth certificate, the last questions she asked were from I485 application form,whether have been commited any crime in the past, whether have been received any public assistance. After those simple question, she decided to approve our case. The whole process just took us 5 minutes. And then our passport got stamped.

I want to thank all of you who have been sharing your experince and it is a great help from you. For those people who are still waiting for your interview,good luck to you.

abci

Have your received your green card. I was told that it takes two months for the green card to arrive in the mail.

Congrats

Congrats ddere....

I am yet to get card. I saw some people in this thread get the card in 3 weeks. It ahs been more than 4 and i am worried.
It is consoling to hear 2 months. Where did u hear that from?
Thanks

Got Plastic Card

I got the plastic card on Saturday Aug 9, for myself and my wife.
I went arlington Interview on Jun 25. I didn't get stamp on that day and no approval notice. But I got my plastic card within 6 weeks. Thanks to every one. Good luck for those who is still waiting.

Congrats

Thats good news Nov29.

Hope i get mine also soon....i will post it once i get my plastic card.

we filed I-485 in Nebraska Service Center jan2002,my case was approved on oct2003,my wife's case was tranfered to arlington but still no interview from arlington,anybody in the same condition?

Last edited by a moderator: