Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

No Title

abci,

My I-485 got transferred in august to arlington and my EAD renewal receipt date is september. So probably they will transfer the EAD renewal in your case also. I haven\'t got any letter from INS saying that it is transferred to Arlington but my lawyer got it. So check with your lawyer.

Thanks

Thanks !!

Yes rvaldez, my lawyer received the interview notice, in fact he receieved it even before me.

-GC4VP

Thanks

Ashwariya-

Congrats for getting the EAD, even we (me and my wife) had to go through same EAD process.

No one (niether me nor my lawyer) had made any request to the Congressman for I-485 case. It all is happening in due course. Its going to b 5 years in Dec. when I had started my GC process, its about time that I receive it now.

-GC4VP

Congrats

Hi GC4VP,

Congratulations and good luck?

BTW, I have two questions.

1. You said that your lawyer have received Interview letter. Did you receive a copy of interview letter also? (The reason, my lawer(lier) is a lazy fellow. When my finger prints were due, I just called oneday then found out that my FPs were scheduled nextday.)
2. If you can, shell we know the officer name?

Thanks
dhanush

Thanks dhanush and Good Luck to you too

Yes I did receive the interview notice. My lawyer had received only my interview notice, while I received the notices for me and my wife.

As for the officer name, the letter just says Officer B. I guess I will find the exact name during the interview itself.

Thank You SuG

Good luck to you too, hope things work out soon for everyone on this thread.

GOOD LUCK GC4VP!

GC4VP
Good luck on your interview Monday. Hope you getted stamped.

ACE

Thanks Ace

I definitely need everyone\'s best wishes, I would let you know how it goes. If I get a chance, I intend to talk to the officer about plight of people who have been waiting so long to get the interview opportunity at Arl. INS.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst :)

-GC4VP

GOOD LUCK TO GC4VP

Good Luck to you. Everything will be fine. You have waited enough and you deserve big time. It will be really nice of you if you can mention to officer about our cases pending. Just remind her/him that we are in this process much longer that family based and we are tied to Employment, Salaries, and Same Job Descriptions. Whoever started green card process last year has already got it and we are in this stupid musical chair for at least 3 years.
Again All our wishes are with you.

Good luck GC4VP

My best wishes are with you, dude. I am sure you will get stamped on Monday. Keep us posted.

Approval after Arlington Interview

Hi All-

Both me and my wife got approved for the GC and got it stamped. We both were very anxious and were not sure how things will turn up for us. It took 5 years for my case (and I had waited 2 years to file for I-485 with my wife). All is well that ends well and its a great feeling to have a GC in hand.

We arrived at Arlington INS and dropped the interview letter through the slot 5 minutes before scheduled time. An officer (officer B) appeared after 10 minutes and took us to a room for an interview. Here is the sequence of steps:

1) Fingerprinted our index finger and signed a form
2) Took us to a room and took an oath from us
3) Asked for Job letter
4) I had changed jobs 2-3 times on H1 before coming back to my present employer (My GC sponser) at a lower salary and she asked me why I want to do it and where do I intend to stay (of course with present employer)
5) A checklist of questions whose answers are NO (like status, court cases and all)
6) My Name, Social, Place and date of birth
7) How long I have been married

She turned towards my wife and asked her:
1) Name, Social, Father\'s and Mother\'s first name
2) Where is she working and what does she do?
3) When did she enter US and what visa status
4) How long have we been married
5) Address where we live and day time phone number
After that she turned towards me and asked me about the Affidavit of support (that is the only document I had not taken). She told me to got to 1st floor and bring and fill out the form and wait at the reception area. I did that and waited for her to call me back, she did appear after 15 minutes, saw everything was correct and took an oath from me for the Affidavit of support.

Looked at me smiled for the first time in the whole process and stamped our passports with I-551. We could not believe she was indeed doing that till she congratulated us to say that you are now Permanent Residents.

This feeling is still sinking in and its a great feeling to be relieved. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

-GC receieved for VP

Congratulations!! GCRecd4VP!!!

Let me be the first on this board to say Congratulations!!. You deserve it, man.

Wondering if you got an opportunity to talk about the other cases as you had planned. It is quite understandable if you didn\'t find the setting appropriate.

Enjoy your post-GC life :)

Thanks rvaldez

The setting was not appropriate and the officer who took my interview doesn\'t have the best of the reputation in friendliness (came to know later on when I talked to my lawyer).

I did ask her the question as to why ppl have to wait again for an interview.even after their cases are xfered from VSC (citing my example), she just gave the standard answer that the normal time for I-485 processing in Arlington is 2 years and they still give priority to the Xfers as they try to schedule interviews in 4-8 months. As per her knowledge, interviews are being scheduled for the Xfers right now.

I would imagine that you should be hearing something in your mail soon.

Thanks abci

You asked me a question in the other posting on the board . I am a VA resident for sure.

GC recieved for VP

Congratulations

Hi GC4VP,

After a long wait, you deserve the freedom. Congratultions.

Did you get a chance to know the officer name while you were interviewing.

Thanks
dhanush

Thanks Dhanush

Sure, how can I forget her name, she had really made things uncomfortable for us. Smiled only once during the process and that too after the GC approval. Her name was Mrs. Crawford.

Hope this helps.