Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!****

ACE

Registered Users (C)
Friends

The other thread was getting to be to lengthy. Lets hope this new thread brings luck to one of us soon!

GC4VP, can you please post the updated transfer list in this new thread.

Thanks all

updated list

TRANSFERRED TO ARLINGTON - Updated List
--------------

anxious - PD:10/98, ND:02/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
ACE - PD:_/_, ND:01/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
rvaldez - PD:03/99, ND:01/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/01 - WAITING
dhanush - PD:10/98, ND:10/99, FP:03/01, Xfer:05/18- WAITING
kobra - PD:03/00, ND:_/_, FP:11/00, RFE:03/01, Xfer:06/01 - WAITING
vdamineni - PD:_/_, ND:03/00 , FP:03/01, Xfer:07/01- WAITING
GC4VP - PD:01/97, ND:06/00, FP:11/00, Xfer:07/01- WAITING
SuG - PD:_/_, ND:11/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:08/01 - WAITING
Telecom Guy - PD:03/99, ND:05/00, FP:_/_, Xfer-08/20 - WAITING
ashwariya - PD:_/_, ND:10/00, FP:03/01, Xfer:09/01 - WAITING
nov29 - PD: _/_, ND:11/00 , FP:_/_, Xfer 09/01 - WAITING
iexp - PD:10/98, ND:02/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:05/01 - ID 11/26
abci - PD:11/99, ND:12/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:11/09 -WAITING
Marina - PD:_/_, ND:12/00, FP:_/_, Xfer:11/09 -WAITING

--------------
Previous links:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.efca0df

http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?230@@.efc5ecf

Visited INS Arlington today......some news for folks.

I visited INS arlington today.This is the information i got from an IIO.

I said my case was trasnfered on November 9th 2001 and should i wait 20 months from the RD or 20 months from the transfer date??
(because the IIO asked one lady before me to wait for 17 months).

He immedialtely told me "That is applicable only for family based cases".

Then he showed me a form that he had. He said all employment based cases are current. I asked when then can i expect interview.

He said "that is a little difficult to say. They should schedule it any time.The problem is some 98 employment cases were left behind and they received lot of complaints about it."

So they are now scheduling interviews for those people (98-2000) trasnferess(those who were left out).

He said once they finish them they will start calling current cases.

Hope this helps & is true.

I have a bridge to sell to you!!

Dude:
I sure hope you didn\'t actually buy into this funny theory that INS gave you. The really amazing part is that the story changes totally randomly from person to person (person=inquirer and/or INS clerk). Myself and several others have been through this loop before so we know not to believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the complete BS that you get from any Arlington INS clerk.

The fact of the matter is that there are no transferees before 05/01/01 that have not yet been interviewed.

As for the "current" status of EB cases, here is my theory. For obvious reasons, the local INS doesn\'t even bother interviewing candidates if the PD is not current. So all that form/memo was really saying probably was that the PDs for EB cases are all current so they should be scheduled for interviews as and when the local officers "get a chance"

Bottomline: don\'t hold you breath for any dramatic outcome here. ArlinHell is as bad as they get; its the worst even in INS\'s pyramid of disservice.

Any news with anyone ?

I have not frequented the thread recently, seems like there is not much activity for us. Hope things turn around and we get interview appointments soon. Enjoy the Thanksgiving Weekend.

-GC4VP

Good Luck to you

I wish you good luck for your interview. You can do a favor for all of us waiting for interview. Once your interview is over and passport stmaped please tell the officer that you have friends waiting for interview and had already suffered atleast 3 years with this Green card process. And that employment based petitions have more worries and stress than family based . and we are already in this turmoil for at least 3 years playing in hands of Employer and Lawyers..
Thanks

Arlington Interview

we went to ins office 45 minutes early then the scheduled time,no need to stay in line,passed security check,went to room 311 at 3rd floor, dropped interview letters in the drop box, called in for interview after 10 minutes.
We had to go in without the attorney because he didn\'t show up
Lady officer, very polite took our finger prints,took oath,opened files of mine,wife and daughter.
q:what is your address
a:gave my nj address she made the changes on my file which had my va address.
q:Full name,date of birth,ss#,parents name,country of origin
a:all answers were verified
q:employment letter
a:Job description was checked with 485 application.
My File was closed at this time I thought all was over.
My wife file was opened
q:Affidavit Support
a:document produced
standard q:date of birth,ss#,full name.
file was closed
My daughters file was opened
q:full name ,
At This time my Attorney walked in and the officer knew him very well they were joking as the interview was in progress.
All Files were opened again and each page was checked in detail
Following questions were asked to my daughter
q:Affidavit of support
a:document produced
q:home address
a:nj address
q:ss#
a:don`t know
q:date of birth
q:school grades a,b or c
a:A
q:married
a:no
q:children
a:no
q:Since how long you u r living in edison
a:3 years.
Officer asked my attorney how come our files are process in va when we live in nj
ATTORNEY: answered that he had informed the change to ins and told to hold the files in va since all the processing was done in va because initially job opening was in va and which do not exists any more.
q:Do you have a copy of the letter you sent to INS.
attorney: NO
q:when , where and to whom it was sent
a:Arlington ins Office,in Aug addressed to district officer
officer :I MIGHT HAVE TO SEND THIS FILES TO NJ BECAUSE OF JURISDICTION CHANGE
attorney: IN A PREVIOUS CASE THE FILES WERE RETAINED IN VA EVEN AFTER THE THE JURISDICTION WAS CHANGED.
Officer:please fax me the copy of the letter sent to ins then I will approve the case also I need yellow form(9033)for tax returns.
OFFICER:Collect form-9033 from 1st Flr fill and submitt to me and she took all our I-94 from our passports.
RETURNED OUR PASSPORTS WITHOUT STAMPING AND THANKED US FOR COMING
Collected form-9033 from 1st floor filled basic tax info and attorney submitted these forms and he told us that it might take few weeks to receive an approval letter.
LESSON LEARNT:DO NOT TOTALLY RELY ON YOUR ATTORNEY ,make sure you have all the copies of correspondence between your attorney and the ins for your records
Hope this will help someone who has a interview date.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

You will get it soon

We have been hoping that you will get the approval iexp. Its just matter of time and everything will be allright. Thanks for your post and we all wish you Good Luck.

There have been atleast cases of my friends for Arlington office where approval came after 2-3 weeks of interview. Both of them had to submitt some documents and approval came in mail. I am sure it will work out for you too.

Arlington Interview Letter Recieved

Hi All-

Received letter for I485 interview at Arlington on 10th of Dec for me and my wife. The letter format is exactly the same as iexp\'s

Documents requested:
1.Appointment letter
2.Passport
3.I-94/EADs/APs
4.TAX RETURNS FOR THE PAST 3-YEARS
5.EMPLOYMENT LETTER FROM EMPLOYER FOR FUTURE EMPLOYMENT
6.PROOF OF MARRIAGE AND DOCUMENTS TO SHOW THAT WE ARE LIVING TOGETHER
7.MEDICAL FORM, EITHER COMPLETE OR INCOMPLETE
8.ARREST RECORDS AND OTHER COURT DOCUMENTS

The letter states that the proceedings will be video taped. There is a gap of 25 minutes between me and my wife\'s case, but I think we both will be called together.

I am optimistic but yet little nervous as after all the wait the time is coming and I don\'t know how it will turn up. My case is little complex as I had left my employer after they filed for GC and came back to them (at Salary on my Labor and I-140) this year for the purpose of GC.

Only time will tell what future has in store. Please let me know if I could answer any questions. Your suggestions would really help me too.

-GC4VP

Dont\' worry GC4vp

You will make it. We will allpray for you.
Just take all documents possible..anything and everything.Answer boldly.Take attorney with you.

Also fill out the tax form 9033 and affidavit of support and take it.
Take also house lease documents, some bills etc.

Thanks

I am taking all possible documents (including form 9033). My wife has been working for past 1 year in here and I have joint Tax returns for last year (and joint credit cards/bank statements, House deeds and all). So I think I shoud be OK. Since she is working, I am not sure if I would have to take affidavit of support. Do I still need to?

Thanks

No Title

I would advise you to take Affidavit support for your wife in case they ask, then you don\'t have to make another visit.
you can down load the forms from ins web site and it should be notarized.
Form-9003 is no longer required by ins but it depends on your interviewing officer. Form 9003 is available at the forms counter in the 1st floor at Arlington ins office.
Good luck

Congrats GC4VP!! Good luck for the interview

And BTW, did you or the lawyer receive the interview notice.

Congratulations GC4VP

good luck to you. I got my EAD renewal today from local office. I applied in first week of October and received appointment letter last week. Today I went at 12:00 pm. They just looked at my Drivers Licence and then took picture. In two mins she came back with new EAD.
GC4VP did you made any request from your lawyer or congressman to expedite the case?

No Title

hi ashwariya,

Did you apply the EAD renewal to Arlington office directly or through Vermont. I have applied through vermont around september 15th and I haven\'t received any information other than it has been transferred to arlington.

Thanks

Sug...one information from you

Is your I-485 transfered to Arlington?

Was your EAD transfered to Arlington before the trasnfer date or after the trasnfer date?

My case was trasnfered to Arlington on Nov 9th & EAD recepit notice is Nov 8th.
I was wondering if they will transfer my EAD also!

Thanks