Only Those Transferred To Arlington !!!!!!!!

No Title

Good catch,U R Right,I was not able to post with my Ixp ID So I had to create a new one.

Oh OK. But if I remember correctly, your transfer notice said 2 weeks

You posted several months back that your transfer notice said that the interview will be scheduled in 2-4 weeks etc. I checked my notice and there is absolutely no mention of that.

So it is quite possible that your case was transferred for the simplest of simple reasons. Wonder what is going to happen to us "complicated" folks !!!

Others, can you please inform what your transfer notice says: "Just plain transferred etc" or "transferred and will contact in XX weeks"

No Title

I have moved to newjersey but all our ins letters are sent to my previous address in va,the person who opened our letters told us that it will take 2-4 weeks for interview call which I posted without cheking the letter.Now going through the transfer notice states that "preliminary process of your application is complete and has been transfered to arlington ins office which will notify you for an interview if you need any further info contact ins arlington tel#

Guys add me in your list...GC4VP (one question for you)

ND:dec 2000
PD:Nov 1999
RFE from VSC: for emp letter and pay stubs (oct 17th 2001)
Case transfered: Nov 9th 2001.

Looks like i have a looooong wait. If i need to change my address to another state (any idea what i have to do?)
& do you think they will transfer the case there?

GC4VP ...i read your EAD renewal story and it is very very sad.

Did you finally get approved?

I appied for EAD renewal to VSC..now they will transfer to Arlington for sure.....mine expires on Feb 2002...Do you think i should apply for EAD renwal in local INS office?....thanks a lot for your inputs

Hi abci.

I am sorry hear about your transfer. I was transfered also to Newark on 10/12. Still waiting :(((.
Regarding your question about moving from state to state. I know one guy , who was transferred to Newark. Then he bought house in PA. Then he send letter to senator or congressmen. Then he was transferred again to some INS center in PA. 2 weeks ago he was approved.
My point is: Do you want keep your case in Arlington or you want one more transfer?

hi new rus...

not that i want one more transfer..i have no choice . My new job is in Florida and i have to move there.I kept paying rent for the apt here but cannt do that for 6-8 months till i get interview! might as well get it transfered! any suggestions?

Sad story.

Arlington is the worstest place for transfer. I don\'t know much about Florida, but according to my lawyer, better got tranfered to hell , then to Arlington. You just got transfered there.So try Florida. Time interval will be the same. And you \'ll save money.

Again:
This is not a legal advice.

One more trasnfer question..Urgent.

How do you if your file has reached local office from INS or not? How long does this take usually?

I am asking because i am going to go and give change of address and do not want to stand in line and then find out my case has still not come.

Danush,rvaldez,iexp...someone please reply.....

How do we know when the 485 file has reached the local office from VSC??

I need to know this because i have to stand in line and change my address.

Compilation of Prior Interviews at Arlington

Below are the 6 cases in which the interviews have either occurred in the last year or a date has been set recently (IEXP). People might find the data useful in drawing whatever conclusion they want to draw.

Caveat: As our friend Dhanush would say, you draw any conlusions from this data only at your own peril; The only thing that works for sure at INS is LUCK!!!

Case 1) User Id: ASC
PD: Jan 98
Notice Date for I-485: 07/1999
Transfer Date to Arlington: 12/18/2000
Interview: 5/1/2001

ND to Interview: 21 Months
Tfr to Interview: 6 months

Case 2) User Id: DESTINY101
ND for I-485: 09/1999
Tfr Date: 10/2000
Interview: 4/11/2001

ND to Interview: 20 mos
Tft to Interview: 7 mos

Case 3) User Id SHRINI100
PD: Feb 1998
Notice Date for I-485: 10/1999
Transfer Date to Arlington: 06/01/2001
Interview: 7/16/2001

ND to Interview: 22 Months
Tfr to Interview: 2 months

Case 4) User Id: NDOct99
Notice Date for I-485: 10/14/1999
Transfer Date to Arlington: 3/7/2001
Interview: 7/24/2001

ND to Interview: 22 Months
Tfr to Interview: 5 months

Case 5) User Id: RoseGt
Notice Date for I-485: 10/1999
Transfer Date to Arlington: 5/8/2001
Interview: 7/24/2001

ND to Interview: 21 Months
Tfr to Interview: 3 months

Case 6) UserId: IEXP
PD: Oct 98
Notice Date for I-485: 02/2000
Transfer Date to Arlington: 05/30/2001
Interview: 11/26/2001
ND to Interview: 21
Tfr to Interview: 6 months

Overall Results:
ND to Interview: Average 21.33 Months; Worst case 22
months
Transfer Date to Interview: Average 4.5 Mos; Worst
Case 7 months.

Thanks rvaldez.....thats really good information.

Although Luck does play a part.....atleast we get some idea of time frame.,

Also it is encouraging that Alrington scheduled interview for Iexp after sep 11nth....
Some places like Detroit have stopped isuuing interview calls it seems.

So lets hope for the best!

Iexp/.......how do you plan to show proof of residency in virginia

In the interview if they ask you proof of residency in Virginia....how are you planning to show it since you arew in NJ now.

Thanks

good info by rvaldez

Hi,

Really good information by rvaldez. I might beat the time frame now.
My 485- ND to till: 25 months, TD to till: near to 7 months.

abci,

After a month of my transfer, I visited arlington INS office and found that they received my file.

For change of address, you don\'t need to go arlington INS office. I think you can download change of address application from INS web site and mail them.

Hope this helps
dhanush

For guys who have stood in Arlington Queue to find status

Is it fully computerized like VSC?

In the sense will they have the current address and other details on the computer with your EAC number?

I want two details
1) Can i ask for what address they have on file currently ? (i plan to send change of address & then go visit them to make sure they have entered into system)

2)If they have updated your file in the computer can i assume that my
"paper work" is also updated?

Thanks

2)

No Title

Folks,

I have a question about the Arlington transfers. Of all the people listed here, is there anyone who got a transfer because of employment related issues. Specifically, I want to know if anyone got a transfer because their job title as mentioned in the LC application and that mentioned in the employment letter when submitting 485 was different, though they might be doing the same job in hte same company (I am asking this becase my LC and 485 have the titles of Manager, Project mgmt and Director, Project mgmt since I got a promotion. But I am in reality doing the same work). My 485 approval is pending now

If you know of this case or have been transfered due to similar reasons, can you please share. I am concerned what the effect will be (rfe, transfer etc.) or best case an approval.

Thank you for your help

No Title

I`m a resident of newjersey now and my attorney has informed ins about change of address but they have not updated their database.
I will be submiting proof of residence from nj and its upto the officer to approve or transfer my files to nj.

No Title

Hello abci-

Sorry took time in responding back to you. Yes, me and my wife did receive the EAD approval. We got a letter from INS Arlington giving us a date to pick our EAD up and all we did was show up at the time of appointment, show the letter, surrender out old EADs and they issued the new ones.

I don\'t know the date when you applied for the EAD (or xfer of the EAD file to Arlington) but I can tell you that took about 1.5 months to process the file. We got our EADs 2 months after the first ones had expried, it did turn up OK though. Let me know if I can answer any more questions. Good Luck

-GC4VP