ONLY for OLD Timers.

vvvunlucky

Registered Users (C)
STOP NSC STOP, approving the 2005-2007 cases.

How can we stop Nebraska approve the very recent cases filed in 2007?
Why can't they process the old cases from 2001/2002?

I know so many cases are pending for so long with all the security checks done and waiting to be approved.

Can we send the information of all approvals and non-approvals to congressman and ombudsman?

What else can we do?

HI vvvlucky,
I will go for it. We should do a combine effort like sending all our old timers info to Congressman/Ombudsman. Also may be right a letter to the senior person director or who ever it is.
Let us see how many will reply to this thread

What else can we do?

I know your frustration....even me too get lots of it....

This process is simply use less.... system is broken.....no one is there to repair it.... but don't loose hopes.... if not this door, may be other door is opened for you....

It seems USCIS approves whatever is the easiest, specially PERM cases since everything is electronically filed.
However, from what I see they will waste a lot of visas again this year too. If they do not approve whatever they can and as fast as they can, we will see another huge wastage of visa numbers. It is not that old cases are not being approved because of 2005-2007 cases. It is because USCIS is slow and lazy

How can we stop Nebraska approve the very recent cases filed in 2007?
Why can't they process the old cases from 2001/2002?

I know so many cases are pending for so long with all the security checks done and waiting to be approved.

Can we send the information of all approvals and non-approvals to congressman and ombudsman?

What else can we do?

I called NSC today.

I called NSC today again and talked (almost fought) with NSC IO who was patient in answering questions. I stopped talking with patient any more and tried to show my frustation. Let's see what will happen. Even if they deny I am happy instead of this waiting (I know there can't do that with my file and there is no reason to show it).

I asked him why there is no FIFO? -- They are trying hard to work on a certain order.
How come people getting approvals from 2005-2007? -- He don't know how.
Why they are not working on the old cases? -- They are working but some cases take longer.
Is some one really working on my case? if so, from when?
-- He said from 2006.
Why they haven't worked on my case from 2003? Why the security checks are not done from last 2 years?
-- He said your case may be complicated.
In what way my case is complicated, give me reason so that at least I know the reason. So I don't bother calling you.
-- He can't give any more info than he sees on the screen.
What about my EAD?
-- He checked without asking receipt number and told you applied for on July 27th 2007 and they are processing May 2007 cases.
How come I see some approvals from NSC who applied in July/August 2007 in few days?
-- he didn't know.
How long it may take for my case now in this situation? I am waiting from last 2 years and it's pain waiting each and every day.
-- Not sure.
Are our applications separated because we didn't get FP for spouse?
-- May happen.
Is my file physically at NSC?
-- yes.
Looks like you are working on LIFO order and not FIFO? Just pick whatever available in front?
-- He laughed and said they are trying to work in the order.
Thanks.

I too old timer and damn frustated

Hi All,

Can someone help me on ,How to open SR like what are the options i need to go after calling 1 800 no please help me.

I was keeping calling them till last week , they said everything cleared and I don't know what makes them to stop my GC. till last week they were saying wait for sep 1st week. Now Sep 1st week gone , now they saying wait till oct .

previously I had INfopass and Called IO several times , but no use same answer everything ok wait for soME time.

Now I want to try SR also .

My PD DEC 2002
I140/i485 OCT 2004

THANKS
gC_CEDAR

vvvunlucky,

I feel exactly your pain and fury. Actually, I did the same thing - kept calling them and asked why the unfairness. It is even more frustrating when you know you are very clean and don't deserve them to spend so much time and resources (if they do spend).

I start to believe that there is an evil force against me. I start to ponder that the God in my religion may have a special purpose to allow me experience this so deeply so that when time comes I can feel other's pain and think from other's point of view.

So, I just keep doing I plan to do (calling them, contact senators, file WOM), but at the same time, calm down at the current situation. Enjoy my family life, excercise, watch TV, join parties, and I'm planning my fall color tour now. I keep praying for me, and you guys.

Called the IO and to vent out my frustation. Explained hime mine is old case blahhhh.
He patiently took mu case details LIN**** and asked my address and name to verify.
Myself: Mine is old case filed in 2003 and lot of cases filed in 2004/2005 getting approval. Mine is assigned to officer? Visa is assigned
Officer: No not right now. Let me look. You case was pre-adjudicated. Visa will be assigned only after approval.
My..: U mean some body looked at the file and ready to approve.
Officer: No. It means there are no complications. An officer have to review and give a decision.
My..:You are talking about days or weeks.
Officer: Not sure. Might be days or weeks. I can't tell you. Let me look. Some body touched you file todays back.
My..: You mean assigned to officer or moved to different location.
Officer: It will assigned to a officer.
I thanked and hanged up the phone. The officer was nice.

I checked my portfolio there are no LUD's.
Not sure is there any hope :)

I spoke to NSC Rep....

She said my case is in "pending review".... explained the difference between "pending security review" and "pending review"...

she said "pending security review" means still security checks are in pending (Name check or IBIS check or FP)....

"pending review" means case has been completed security checks, but still the process has not been completed.....

she wasn't answer any more Qs.....

Folks me too call NSC IO

She told my case is awaiting for an officer.

I told my case was with officer last month in aug , got that from infopass appt.How many times oficer will look at my case, How many officer will see my case..?.

she told I dont know abt that.

Asked her then why it is pending for officer again ...please reply me..?

She said dont know .

Ok visa nos are assigned to my case or not...?

Dont know only at final stage they assign visa nos.

thats it.....

These NSC IO give standard msg for old filers that the case is waiting for an officer......

EB3 NSC india
PD: july 02
Rd: dec 04
AD: Only God knows....

I am in for sending a letter to Ombudsman for enforcing FIFO

Can someone post a word attachment on the template letter, Let us review it and copy paste all of our signatures and send it to him that they are not processing as per FIFO.

On Aug 16th teleconference to Ombudsman lot of callers complaint reg. USCIS aprroval where not acc to PD or RD it was based on luck.
Ombudsman said he will surely notify to USCIS reg that.
Read this article from murthy.com:

Ombudsman : USCIS Service Centers and Lockboxes

Processing Order of I-485 Applications
©MurthyDotCom
A number of callers raised the concern that I-485 applications are being processed and approved randomly, and not in the order in which they are received. According to the Ombudsman, the service centers and local offices are making every attempt to process cases chronologically, by the date of receipt. Since cases are distributed between the four service centers, however, the lockboxes and 70 field offices and the processing of cases depends on the number of officers available at each office. Some disparateness in the processing of cases is unavoidable, therefore. The USCIS has tried, to the extent practicable, to standardize processing of cases according to priority date and country limitations.
©MurthyDotCom
Furthermore, during the months of June and July 2007, the USCIS processed and approved an incredible number of cases, but encountered problems in generating the approval notices and actual "green cards." Applicants whose cases have been approved may still be unaware of their approvals in August 2007, because case status is updated in the system only when the approval notice is generated. The USCIS is working to generate approval notices and green cards for these cases. However, the CIS Ombudsman encouraged anyone with an unusual experience regarding her/his case to submit DHS Form 7001, with specific case information.

Read it.

I read it before and was very happy about the last paragraph. I was hoping to get the approval this week as I thought all the old timers are approved but not yet notified. Got response several times from NSC IO's last month as wait till Sept 1st week. No news yet and not even a LUD or REF.

When Ombudsman corrects NSC? Waited for so long now NSC became too worst approving 2007 cases and not cared for old timers. (I know this looks bad for some 2007 filers, but you need to understand).

Eb3-India-PD-June 2002

NSC
I-485- 6/20/07
FP-8/17/07

How lomg to wait?

I read it before and was very happy about the last paragraph. I was hoping to get the approval this week as I thought all the old timers are approved but not yet notified. Got response several times from NSC IO's last month as wait till Sept 1st week. No news yet and not even a LUD or REF.

When Ombudsman corrects NSC? Waited for so long now NSC became too worst approving 2007 cases and not cared for old timers. (I know this looks bad for some 2007 filers, but you need to understand).

In 2010 there will be only oldtimers of01/02 in this forum, all others will keep getting their gcs when they make the pd current one day every year.

mad%%r%ch#&od b&$s$$rds

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys , I wonder if you saw the october bulletin, it has moved to april 22 2001 for eb3. I think we definitely need to write to the ombudsman, recieve date should not be considered for approvals the priority date should be . Otherwise what is the point on having the visa bulletin using the priority dates.We need to even think of a class action , this cannot go on forever every one needs to be answerable to a higher authority.. Wait times of 7 years is ridiculous and puts your career , life and everything in the limbo.. please write to the ombudsman do not waste time and download the DHS7001 form and send a mail asking why this injustice.

Count me in too...

I think the last suggestion makes most sense. They shouldn't really go by RD. Cases should be processed based on PD. Otherwise what's the point of having PD. Isn't that what it stands for, priority? We have older cases so we should have priority.
Why waste time on cases filed in 2006/2007 they know they won't be able to clear for years?
All said and done, does anyone have any ideas to organize action items for old-timers like us? Talking to senators etc is an individual items, any collective items? I am sure there are thousands of us with old PD's

Whoever is ready.

novice72, clear485, nyc8300, gc_cedar, hyyz, narnia2000, dbr, always_in_labor, rmsag, Sammysosa, 2002calabor

JesusIsMyLord is already posted another thread to collect the info from all the old timers to send an email to ombudsman.

Please update your information if you are interested. I think we should be sending as a group to see some improvement (hopefully).

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263842