• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ONLY DV2010 Winners who received NL by now

Dear all,

I recieved a NL on 14 April in Egypt, however I live in Europe since a few years.

1-Concerning the police certificates and court records required, do I have to obtain one from Egypt and another from my current place of residence ? or the last is sufficient?

2-How long should it take to recieve the GC from the instant of entering the US.

3-Is it normal to receive an interview appointment in 2010 (according to the CN ) ?

I would highly appreciate your cooperation.

1-Concerning the police certificates and court records required, do I have to obtain one from Egypt and another from my current place of residence ? or the last is sufficient?

It's obligatory to get a police certificate from any country where you have spent 6 or more months. If you have not been charged and sent to a court of law, you don't need to obtain any court records.

2-How long should it take to recieve the GC from the instant of entering the US.

It depends, it could take as long as 3 months.

3-Is it normal to receive an interview appointment in 2010 (according to the CN ) ?

With your CN#, you could get an interview this year (2009).

hi to all, I'm Phill from Cameroon. and case number AF00001###
i wish to ask if every body that applied for the visa actually recieves a second letter? in case someone does not receive it, what should be the conclusion? call KCC or consider not qualified for visa? i need a reply please. any Cameroonian here to share experiences with?

Any winner who complies with the visa process are given a 2nd letter. Sometimes the letters are delayed or lost in post. If your CN becomes current and you have not received the second letter, you can email KCC. If they respond by scheduling an appointed date for you, you can print that email and take it to the embassy for your interview. Whilst waiting for your email response, it's advisable to call them to get the exact date of your interview to enable you gather the necessary documents for your interview.

CN DV2010OC000006xx
NL dated : April 8
NL receved : May 21
delivered to KCC : June 1 ** DHL delivery date.

I got information that my CN is low and should be expecting interview around October.
Shall I contact KCC for my processing and expected interview date???
thanks in adv.
b.rgds

CN DV2010OC000006xx
NL dated : April 8
NL receved : May 21
delivered to KCC : June 1 ** DHL delivery date.

I got information that my CN is low and should be expecting interview around October.
Shall I contact KCC for my processing and expected interview date???
thanks in adv.
b.rgds

I read in the NL the following " PLEASE DO NOT CALL US TO CHECK WHEN YOUR CASE WILL BE SCHEDULED" :D
I believe you'd find your number current on the first group undergoing the interview in October or even september!
Just check the visa bulletins on 1st July 2009.

Case Number:2010AF0000xxxxx
Region: Africa
NL recived in jeddah
Date recived: april 7, 2009
Dated: march 24, 2009
hi yall
is this a low or high cn and what does it mean?

Case Number:2010AF0000xxxxx
Region: Africa
NL recived in jeddah
Date recived: april 7, 2009
Dated: march 24, 2009
hi yall
is this a low or high cn and what does it mean?

With the CN given above, no one can tell whether it's low or high. You need to provide the 1st and/or 2nd figures. What does the xxxxx stand for? I'm not asking you to provide the whole case number, but it should be in this form: 2010AF0002xxxx or 2010AF00024xxx.

I read in the NL the following " PLEASE DO NOT CALL US TO CHECK WHEN YOUR CASE WILL BE SCHEDULED" :D
I believe you'd find your number current on the first group undergoing the interview in October or even september!
Just check the visa bulletins on 1st July 2009.

Dear MRO,
Yah, you are right..
I have a question about filling forms DS230...
I think I made a mistake by filing in Q29 petitioner as DV2010 program,
others said it should be "the name of DV winner",
shall I resend or what shall I do????
Please advice?
thanks

With the CN given above, no one can tell whether it's low or high. You need to provide the 1st and/or 2nd figures. What does the xxxxx stand for? I'm not asking you to provide the whole case number, but it should be in this form: 2010AF0002xxxx or 2010AF00024xxx.

sorry man i kind of new at this, i mean this is the first time i win the lottery any ways my #2010AF00005xxx

Dear MRO,
Yah, you are right..
I have a question about filling forms DS230...
I think I made a mistake by filing in Q29 petitioner as DV2010 program,
others said it should be "the name of DV winner",
shall I resend or what shall I do????
Please advice?
thanks

In Q29 , the DV winner's name should be entered. Since this form should be filled for yourself and each member of your family (who're accompanying you), the winner's name should be entered in Q29 while filling other applications.

So If you have written something else in Q29, you should contact the KCC after your mail arrives. Normally they send you back the incomplete form with missing parts marked in yellow, then you have to resubmit it.

I don't know which country you come from but 2010AF00005xxx is actually a low case number in Africa.

In Africa, except the other countries mentioned, I consider any case number between 1-20,000 as low, 20,000-40,000 as average, and above 40,000 as high. Everyone can give his/her definition as to what constitute a low or high case number. There is not a standard rule used to explain low/high case numbers.

But with a low case number, applicants are called for interview much earlier than those with high case numbers. Use the past visa bulletin to guide you.

thanxs alot
another thing my middle name in my high school certificate was spelt wrong (with an extra letter in the middle) but my university certificate has the right name will this be a big deal?
and thanx again

This forum rocks!! I have an F1 visa but been out of status 5 yrs but was still going on with my studies and graduated May 2009. My I 94 does not have a return date, but has Duration of Stay (DS). My lawyer told me I should do CP and they could still offer me a visa if am invited for an interview since technically DS means that I was not offered a return date per se. I was further advised that as long as I never got any letter to depart the US am ok. Unlawful Presence only occurs by an F1 if they get a deportation letter. For me to just have an inkling of confidence with my lawyer's advise, I just need to hear of just one case where this was succesful. My # is AF20100014xxx. Any advise out there? Any examples.

thanks alot ammeck09

hi ammeck09, thanks a lot for your reply and time taken to attend to me, i pray that everything moves on as smooth as possible. i pray immensely for you and hope we keep helping each other. God bless you:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi ammeck09, thanks a lot for your reply and time taken to attend to me, i pray that everything moves on as smooth as possible. i pray immensely for you and hope we keep helping each other. God bless you:):)

thanks, we are trying to help each other.