Only a couple of approvals this week so far? What\'s going on?

It\'s long weekend. They are already on vacation.

Don\'t worry. It can\'t change anything. Enjoy your long weekend.

It is gruelling

As an October RD I was hoping to see August cases completed by this month end. INS seems to have other plans :-(. I dont understand how they work. Do they just stop working? Why are there sporadic approvals?

Over the last two weeks we have seen very few approvals. Less than 10 I think. And they were in June/July.

Its hard to wait this long.

I pray we all get approved soon.

Chill, guys!

All the new security measures are taking its toll on the rate of adjudication. Besides, all of us acknowledged that July and August are heavy months because of a rush of applications. So why sweat?

yes but we havent seen many of those even

We havent seen many approvals in the last two weeks period!

Not just july/August

I think they are focusing on other things!

I know a guy who filed 485 in last week of April, he got his receipts in 6 days and finger prints notice with in the next 6 days (Unrealistic, What\'s the rush? EAD would have been more appropriate!).
Definitely VSC is a chaos and can\'t prioritise things.

INS vermont to close next month onwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is unofficial, but INS employees can go on to watch the coming world cup soccer!!!!!. The INS commisioner recently determined that won\'t make much difference on proceesing times as he quipped "anyway we even on work we are not processing". So backlogs would increase tremendously.

(This was a joke for people with low sence of humour,BTW)

First good posting from ShantanuB ... guy needs to be encouraged to come out of his world of depress

No Title

VSC sucks again!!! I have been seeing all my friends getting approved even those whose FP done recetly i.e mid March & my case is still pending even after 2 months of assigning to officer . On the top pf it when i called IIO they refused to give any info saying that they cann\'t disclose any info at this time!!! how do we know whats happening with our cases?
RD jul 20th, ND 6th Sep FP 23rd Nov waiting,waiting,waiting

Murphy\'s Law

I think the only thing that is applicable to INS is the following Murphy\'s law...

Murphy\'s Law Corollary: Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse.

The restructuring of INS should have started decades ago!!!

Justice and fairness

Justice and fairness are applicable only to immigrants, my friend. Not to us - the "potential" immigrants. :)