Online USCIS case status system outdated!

scholar07

Registered Users (C)
FYI. If you are like me and check the online USCIS case status system every day checking for LUDs you may be surprised to hear that the system is not being updated on a regular basis. I have seen postings regarding erratic LUDs and I have physically received an REF for my I-485 dated September 4 and it still does not show up online (though there was a LUD around the same time but the current status message did not change).

It seems like the online system is suffering from the same processing overload that resulted in the long delay for application receipts to be issued - the USCIS is focused on getting the applications initially processed and falling behind on the online updates and issuing of receipts etc.

If this is true then it is quite a blow to all of us who are using the online case system to track our progress!

FYI. If you are like me and check the online USCIS case status system every day checking for LUDs you may be surprised to hear that the system is not being updated on a regular basis. I have seen postings regarding erratic LUDs and I have physically received an REF for my I-485 dated September 4 and it still does not show up online (though there was a LUD around the same time but the current status message did not change).

Thanks for the update schloar07. But then that make LUD's with no message more change even notorious. As in you case there was an LUD which was for an RFE sent to your lawyers. I would suggest to all the Lucky ones who had an LUD without message update or approvals to be on the lookout for such thing. I am sure not everybody will get an RFE, But it is always good to be proactive with regards to our ever enthusiastic liars.

Hmmm ... good point epidural. On 8-30-2007 I received LUDs on both my I485 and I765 and the RFE is dated 9-04-2007 so I would assume that the LUDs and RFE are related even though the status message did not change.

Another issue is that even though the RFE was dated 9-04-2007 my lawyer did not receive it until 9-13-07 which may indicate that the mailing of RFEs are behind schedule just like the mailing of receipt notices.

Epidural:

Congrats on your GC. You did a great work in this forum for motivating the Non-RIR LC filers. It's good to see the old mates getting aproved.

Epidural:

Congrats on your GC. You did a great work in this forum for motivating the Non-RIR LC filers. It's good to see the old mates getting aproved.

manwithnoname, Looks like my signature is all confusing, I received the EAD not my GC. How i wish you would congratulate for my GC. Also thanks for the kind words. This forum has given me so much over the years and i try to give it back. I want each and everyone of us out of here as soon as possible. Good Luck.

I myself am not to trusting with regards to the online case status.Even when you register your case with the option to have email updates...For instance,I filed all of my applications together(130,485,765) but only my 765 receipt number works,what happened to the other 2???Also I have received a rfe and have sent my response to them,still to this day nothing online.I had to call customer service to find out if they recieved the rfe.Luckily I got a helpful rep who transfered me to an IO who gave me the exact date they recieved my response.

manwithnoname, Looks like my signature is all confusing, I received the EAD not my GC. How i wish you would congratulate for my GC. Also thanks for the kind words. This forum has given me so much over the years and i try to give it back. I want each and everyone of us out of here as soon as possible. Good Luck.

My mistake ... with 04/2001 PD, EB2 your approval is nearing ... Good luck.