Online theraphy with an out of country physician

Fanuel

Good afternoon,
I'm Italian here in US since 2013. I got my green card through DV lottery a couple of years ago.
I use to see a doctor in my country years ago and now I need her help again. She proposed to meet once when I will be there for Christmas and then will be online meetings every 2 weeks. I still have my country fiscal code (same than ssn) which I need for the in person visit and I think will figure for the online receipts. If I will use it I don't know how I have to handle it with taxes.
Do you have any suggestions?
Many thanks

Good afternoon,
I'm Italian here in US since 2013. I got my green card through DV lottery a couple of years ago.
I use to see a doctor in my country years ago and now I need her help again. She proposed to meet once when I will be there for Christmas and then will be online meetings every 2 weeks. I still have my country fiscal code (same than ssn) which I need for the in person visit and I think will figure for the online receipts. If I will use it I don't know how I have to handle it with taxes.
Many thanks

Are you talking about claiming the expenses as a tax deduction here in the USA? Well for a start that unreimbursed expenses limit is set at 10% - meaning you can only claim a deduction of the portion of the expenses over 10% of your AGI.

No I don't think is right claim any expenses here but I just want to be sure I don't need to pay taxes in Italy. Because I don't file them anymore and I don't wanna fmdo it just for this.

No I don't think is right claim any expenses here but I just want to be sure I don't need to pay taxes in Italy. Because I don't file them anymore and I don't wanna fmdo it just for this.

Well that is something you would need to check in Italy - but I don't see why you would pay INCOME taxes in Italy on an EXPENSE. See the point?

Just be sure you are not getting a reduced cost (covered by healthcare insurance) and therefore claiming a health benefit there that you are not entitled to (as a non resident).

Good afternoon,
Many thanks
Does using this fiscal code mean you are claiming the benefit as a resident of Italy?

I thought so but my family told me is not.
I think I'm good to go.
Thanks

Yeah, so all that happens is that you pay full price there, I guess it’s not covered by your insurance here. If you’re not claiming as a resident there then are no implications for your green card (you shouldn’t claim residency elsewhere as you are supposed to be resident in the US to maintain your green card).