online status timeline

J_1_Holder

Registered Users (C)
How long does it take for the status to show up online? I've heard it takes normally 3 weeks, but mine hasn't shown so far. The only thing shown is the advisory opinion which I requested few months ago.

I also checked with my embassy and they already mailed the NO statement to the DOS.

J_1_Holder said:
How long does it take for the status to show up online? I've heard it takes normally 3 weeks, but mine hasn't shown so far. The only thing shown is the advisory opinion which I requested few months ago.

I also checked with my embassy and they already mailed the NO statement to the DOS.
It took about 9 weeks for ours to show up on the DOS website. It's been another 9 weeks of "pending" status and still no decision.

Officially, it takes around 3 weeks after the $215 is received at the St. Louis lockbox. However, many have reported longer times, and there is even a report that it won't show up at all until the no objection statement is received. The no objection statement itself can take a few weeks, especially if sent by the embassy through regular US mail.