ONLINE STATUS says: CASE APPROVED - what to do next!!!

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
I checked my online status and I could not believe when it says approved.
I would like to thank everybody for wonderful support here and wish goodluck to everybody.
- I have not received the actual Approval Notice Yet.
- Can somebody elaborate the process (preferabally personal experience in the Atlanta office) after I get the approval notice in the mail. I am so thrilled, I was not planning anything after the point when I get the approval notice.

BottomLine:
If you feel your case is pending for too long dont hesitate to involve the Senator's office or the Congressman's office.(my opinion). Both have a designated department to take care of immigration issues and it gets attention.

Cat: EB
I-140 approved 1999
Notice Date 09,2000
2 finger prints
4 EAD's
3 AP's
Senator follow up: Aug,2003
Congressman's follow up Aug,2003
Online approval: Jan 2004

Please Share you stamping experinces. Thanks

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!

Congrats

If you do a search takenumber is a TSC case and yes his RD is Sep 2000 and BCIS seemed to have lost his case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really moved by all the nice sentiments expressed here and would like to wish best of Luck to everybody.

Why I chose Take-a-number as my alias.
Very first time when I went to INS office, this nasty looking female guard pointed her finger at the machine and said ”Take-a-number” and stand in the line. It was a very big line. I was pissed off and left the building in rage. I still have the horror of that moment etched in my memory and might have the actual number I pulled from the machine. I have to wait in the line for almost four years.

Trivia:
Do you know the customer service number:
1-800-375-5283 translates into 1-800-FRK-LATE. Do you think INS did that on purpose.? I wonder. Any comments.

Contacting a Congressman or Senator:
- For Contacting a Congressman or Senator get info from http://www.house.gov/writerep/ etc.(There are some really nice posts here, please check for more info.)
- Write a letter to the appropriate office and sign it.
- Authorize the appropriate office to ask on your behalf.
- Contact the immigration person in the office for follow up.
- Be persuasive and polite.

Any experience about stamping.?

Just a side Note:
My country of origin is Pakistan, I am really moved by the courtesy and consideration shown by my Indian friends here. I truly hope our leaders back in our part of the world have at least the same level of maturity, courtesy and sense of cooperation. Good Luck to everybody.

Alright dudes I wish good luck to everybody from the bottom of my heart for all the nice sentiments.
Best Wishes,

takeanumber, best of luck for your future. You sure had a rough journey but all is well that ends well.