Online Status RFE on 140

ap71

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have got an RFE for my 140 on 04/05/04 and the attorney had replied in last week of April. Online Status still says RFE has been issued...
and the last maintenance date is still 04/05/04. Is there any way to find out
that the reply had been received?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
ap71

You cant do anything other than to see the update on your case status once INS updates it (for having received your RFE answered).. You need to be a little more patient buddy..

Want GC Soon :)

Me Too..

I am in the same boat as you are ...

So here is what I was thinking to do. First confirm from lawyer that they did either courier or by priority mail so, that we know for sure it is received by the INS etc.,

Their are cases, where lawyers send by ordinary post and mail gets lost or INS lost your package and then they say you didn't send the RFE details etc.,

RFE answered, status not updated.

My attorney answered RFE on my i140 and still the online status not updated.

We have a fedex tracking number and proff of delivery. (deliveed at ST ALBANS VT , May 27th)

what are my options if INS deny my case saying 'they have'nt received the answer to RFE' ?

Should I resend it again ? I have only 2 weeks left.

anybody has same experience ?

Thank you

NeelBuddy,
My attorney resent it again in the first week of June, no update yet.
It is better to send it again when there is not much time left.
Really getting frustrated with this process.

Regards,
AP71

I too am in the same boat. My lawyer answered the RFE during last week of April and status was not updated so he sent it again on Jun 8th which as per the tracking information reached 'ST ALBANS VT' on jun 9th and still the status shows that its waiting for REF response

Please post your message after your status update

AP71 / Sbilla,

Please post your messages after you see your status update CIS website.

Thank you,

Gyus
My RFE is replied and it is updated on USCIS website in 2 days saying "we received your response to our request for evidence or information."

ap71/1moresufferer/neelbuddy

Did any of your last updated dates get changed?

My lawyer mailed REF response for the second time but still the case status and the last update date have not changed.

Also does any one know how long we need to wait and what can be done if any to get my case moving?

Any information is appreciated.

Sbilla,
No luck yet, I just spoke to my attorney and I was told that he will call them
and find out. But I am not really sure how long it takes.
Lets hope for the best. Really getting frustrated by this process.

Regards,
AP71

no change in status

Ap71/Sbilla

My status not updated. still the same old message.
First my attorney sent my documents with other's packet (in one FedEx, may be to save money). Intially we thought that was the problem my status not update and my attorney sent 2 time and still not update.
I dont know what's going on here. may be our cases are different.

ap71,

Please let us know when you hear something from the lawyer as to what the INS said or if he told you what needs to be done next.

neelbuddy,

My lawyer both the times sent my case along with the others in one packet. Not sure if it would have made a difference if it was sent separetly. But now its too late for me to do that either.

any change in online status?

AP71/Sbilla

Any change/updat in your online status ?

Mine is same story. My attorney says that we have to wait some more time to ask for 'case status enquiry' .

NeelyBuddy,
Same here, nothing is changed. Attorney told me the same words. Hope
we are not with the same attorney.

Regards,
Trinadh

Ap71/Neelbuddy,

When I talked to my attorney he said the same thing too... but surprisingly yesterday I received an email from INS saying that they received my response.

I don't know which of the responses sent by the attorney made this happen.

He sent one 46 days back another one 15 days back and the last one 2 days back (I don't think the last one was the reason because it was updated on the same day it reached their office)

I wish you two best of luck.

Sbilla,
Thanks for the update. We wish you all the best for the rest of the process.
Regards.
AP71
I140 : 03/11/2003
I485 : 03/11/2003
FP1: 04/04/2003
FP2:05/15/2003
EAD1:05/24/03
EAD2:05/04/2004
RFE on 140 :04/05/2004
Replied in the last week of April2004, No update yest

NeelBuddy,
The status for my case has been updated today
On June 29, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Regards,
AP71

Last edited by a moderator:
User850,
No update on 485, but I have changed my address today. I think It will be updated in this week.

Regards,
AP71