Online status is not totally useless sometimes it changes

WBH

Registered Users (C)
Spouse's online status was updated on 08/08 and we got an email.
Both online status and the email contain the following (original interview was descheduled)

Receipt Number: NBC*000#######

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Though this online status updating is for a case that need rescheudling after an interview appointment descheduled, I don't see why tehy update only for such exceptions. So maybe they are starting to update everyone's online
status. So in case they do start updating our online status, you can routinely check into yoru online status and open a customer account and put yoru case and family memeber's cases into your portforlio and set auto email on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine just sent me an automated e-mail that:
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SSC*00.......

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
BUT:
I did interview, sent documents needed and also sent more documents after infopass. been waiting on Approval/Oath letter. All I think is everyone's date that they did get their Green Card is the date in the system that is a maturity date. And I guess the system is set to recall those dates and send notifications.
I know my Permanent Green Card has a date of 08/08/2005. When I called the level II officer she told me my maturity date was August 8, but they did send my file for interview in March and I did in May. She also mentioned that with a record, it takes 14 months for file to be completed because they do have to thoroughly check the case.
So I am sure this is like a computer Audit. Because mine should be telling me approved or denied or show up for another interview or otherwise, not sent to local office because it has been at local office since March.

So I am sure this is like a computer Audit. Because mine should be telling me approved or denied or show up for another interview or otherwise, not sent to local office because it has been at local office since March.

Then should I also get this message even I completed the whole process?
NBC may have everyone's last case as "This case has been sent for a standard interview" and
after that they don't follow up anymore. My case is still dated "02/10" without any change

Got the same message today. My interview was scheduled 2 weeks ago for late September.

Somebody ona different forum, who's awaiting for their oath letter got the same email from CRIS.

I guess it's some kind of 08/08/09 USCIS bug. May be swine flu? :)

I think it only proves the uselessness of this online case status. This is first time ever i got update today at 5:15am EDT from "Pending" to "Interview" since the time i applied back in 2006. Wondering what would they do that early in the office, especially on Saturday...I guess it's swine flu indeed.
Good luck to all of us, though.

We've (me and my wife) received the same message today. My interview was also descheduled in March,09 (Jacksonville DO) and waiting for reschedule since then.

01/28/09 - ND
02/20/09 - FP
03/05/09 - IL (with 04/13 Interview date - one week prior to 5 year maturity date)
03/06/09 - IDL(Interview deschedule letter)
XX/XX/XX - Reschedule letter

Was online status showing all your application process through your N-400 journey? Some folks are saying that their status was not even entered on the check status online or by phone at all. I was wondring if any of you had a same case or there was update through your N-400 process up to date.

I think it only proves the uselessness of this online case status. This is first time ever i got update today at 5:15am EDT from "Pending" to "Interview" since the time i applied back in 2006. Wondering what would they do that early in the office, especially on Saturday...I guess it's swine flu indeed.
Good luck to all of us, though.

You applied back in 2006?? Why 3 yeears delay? It's crazy.

Nothing about scheduled and descheduling in March and all of sudden this update? Apparently USCIS has a reset bottom and they used it today to reset
all naturalization applicants status regardless of the current status.

We've (me and my wife) received the same message today. My interview was also descheduled in March,09 (Jacksonville DO) and waiting for reschedule since then.

01/28/09 - ND
02/20/09 - FP
03/05/09 - IL (with 04/13 Interview date - one week prior to 5 year maturity date)
03/06/09 - IDL(Interview deschedule letter)
XX/XX/XX - Reschedule letter

No rescheduling after even March descheduling? This is why I wonder if
one is rich one should always withdraw the application and refile a new
N400 every time descheduling or any other abnormality happens

i received this same email today. my interview was on 7/7/09. Still waiting for the oath letter.

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Nope. I don't even have any issues with employment/employers before and after GC or personal records (no strage names not even a speeding ticket for the past 10 years)

Nothing about scheduled and descheduling in March and all of sudden this update? Aparently USCIS has a reset bottom and they used it today to reset
all naturalization applicants status regardless of the current real status.

How come I did not get such update because I finished the oath?
Did anyone who finished oath get such update? If not,
this means some status actually in the computer system indicate
if one has finished the naturalization but these status are not made
visible

Nope. I don't even have any issues with employment/employers before and after GC or personal records (no strage names not even a speeding ticket for the past 10 years)

I heard strange names are OK but common names can cause trouble
because they can be the same with those arrest so they need to
manually sot them out tediously

You applied back in 2006?? Why 3 yeears delay? It's crazy.

Yeah, it's crazy. Or, perhaps it's me being lazy...
I was advised to file WOM on this forum quite some time ago but i hate the fact that Federal government wants me to cough up extra $350 in Federal court only in order to compell just another Federal agency called uscis to get my case moving. I guess i wait for my Federal tax return to see if i gonna have enough funds to pay up these racketeers.

I also got an email today 08/08/09 and my online status changed that I have been scheduled for a standard interview. I already had my interview done a week ago, I applied in March and I am waiting for the oath letter.

The online status was very confusing and I was worried whole day but it seems it happened with other people also

I got the same email from CRIS.

Check out this article on Obama's CTO...
h_ttp://blogs.cisco.com/news/comments/obamas_chief_technology_officer_in_ciscos_back_yard/

Would-be citizens have also had the shroud of secrecy lifted from the citizenship and Green Card application processes, thanks to a Chopra-led overhaul of the USCIS web site.

Basically this change looks like a minor positive development to me.

Until now the online status for N-400 case was not being updated at all and never changed from the initial "Case received and pending" status, even after the oath. I vaguely remember reading criticism of this practice in the CIS Ombbudsman's annual reports.

It looks like what they have done now is to take all cases that are still in the pipeline (that is where oath has not taken place yet) and which have been transferred to local offices for interviews and updated their status to "This case has been sent for a standard interview". It appears that they did this status update with all cases trasferred to local offices, even with those where the interview has already taken place (but the oath has not).

This is still an improvement over the previous practice of not updating the online status at all, since "This case has been sent for a standard interview" update does indicate that all the background checks, including the FBI name check, have been completed.