Online status is not showing correct information

sargodhian

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have received I-797C, Notice of Action in the mail with my receipt number dated June 7, 2010 (RD & PD of June 1, 2010) but when I try to check the status online it gives me the following messagae:

•Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

My Application Number starts with NBC*. Why it's not showing online?

Thank you for your help

The online case status is mostly useless. It doesn't always get updated when you progress through different stages of your application. I received my oath letter on Friday and my online case status still says "Testing and Interview".

i filed on May 3rd and finaly for the first time i can check the status after a whole month giving me the same message you got,i guess be patient.

jdade
what did your status say when u track it online? was a RFE sent?
my application was received on may 2nd and its only became trackable online recently(june 10/11th) and its saying Initial Review and whats below:

On May 3, 2010, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

i get the same response as you "initial review" but i called 30 days after receipt to check and the CR on phone sent in a request for FP since it wasnt sent yet and gave me a case # for that request.

Mine is for an I-765 for an F1 student doing pre-completion OPT - but there is something "fishy" going on here. I applied on July 12 ELECTRONICALLY (and this is key to these problems I think), my receipt for payment was issued and mailed to me (I-767-C, Notice of Action) and payment deducted from my credit card. After checking online status with my receipt number and it coming up

"Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

I called the center. THEY couldn't pull the receipt number either. They just said you need to go to a processing service after I got my "Application Support Center Appointment Notice" for my fingerprinting and biometrics. First "red flag" here is that students haven't had to have biometrics done for Employment Authorization Documents (EADs). I pressed for more info and they STILL couldn't produce that I was in the system (but clearly I HAVE to be as this is my THIRD CPT/OPT with an EAD card.

So received my ASC Appointment notice (I-797, Notice of Action) on or about July 17 (dated July 14th - which means it MUST have been in the system when I called earlier). My appointment was August 10. It was fast and "easy" (literally about 4 minutes from arrival to exit).

So here it is, five days later and STILL nothing shows up on the online status, and STILL my receipt number doesn't work. What's 'sketch' about this is that it all seems to be part of a new "flow" of electronic applications ALL of which require biometrics (though they DO NOT make this clear when you apply and when I called to confirm with the UCSIS office about timely processing I was NOT told I would need biometrics). So this looks like we're guinea pigs as they figure this flow out. And in the mean time they are NOT including us in the usual data sets (because, if you consider the delays that are being reported that would REALLY screw up the stats they post about timely processing). Certain universities have gone so far as to tell students applying for OPT and CPT to NOT use the electronic application method it's that bad.