Online status improvements

madh4

Registered Users (C)
Today i noticed a change in the Online OCI Enquiry form. You have to put your passport number too. Earlier by filling any online registration number one could anyone's status as long it is valid number.

Good they have improved the system and added more security to online data. No one can view your information unless they have both Passport number and Online registration number.

Yes and now I cannot see my file using it. It says your file is not found. My OCI was approved last month. I just neede to printout the approval as I plan to go for pickup in NY. Any ideas.

Yes and now I cannot see my file using it. It says your file is not found. My OCI was approved last month. I just neede to printout the approval as I plan to go for pickup in NY. Any ideas.

Doublecheck your passport number and USANI numbers. Mine got approved and I can see the status by entering both of these. Another thing to try is to click on that link "Forgotten Registration No. Click here." and then enter your passport and date of birth to see whether it is registered properly in the system. If so, then try again with that registration number and your passport number. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doublecheck your passport number and USANI numbers. Mine got approved and I can see the status by entering both of these. Another thing to try is to click on that link "Forgotten Registration No. Click here." and then enter your passport and date of birth to see whether it is registered properly in the system. If so, then try again with that registration number and your passport number. Good luck!

I did verify that and the "Forgotten Registration" option says no data found. What a mess.