Online status - for the approved cases and RFEs

grinfo

Registered Users (C)
Those who have received the I-485 approval - what does the online status say?

For those who have got RFE's - what does the online status say?

thanks

For RFE response received by INS

I just checked the On-line status today, INS has received my RFE response and it says:
"On September 28, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 390 and 420 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 420 days. You will receive a written decision on this case."

Go Figure ...
milehigh1

Hi milehigh1!,

You said, ~{!0~}However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 420 days. You will receive a written decision on this case~{!1~}.

Why does it still say it will take 420 days if the preliminary processing was complete already?

thanks!

Hi milehigh1!,

On your case INS says ~{!0~}On September 28, 2002, we received your response~{!-~}blah blah~{!-!1~} My attorney sent them my RFE response on 9/25 but the web status is still the same as before w/o update. Would you mind tell me when you sent your RFE response back to INS so I could know when I expect to see the update on my case.

Thanks so much!

Beats me dude ...

I have no idea how to interpret it :).
I guess thats how INS works. 437 days (working + non-working) have already passed since my RD (07/19/2001) and 402 days (working + non-working) have been passed since my ND (08/24/2001). I will wait for 18 more days to pass and then try and contact a IIO.
I am not going to wait for 390-420 days after their (INS) receipt of my RFE response, that is insane ...
My attorney sent them the response on Sept. 25th too, in my case the AVM was updated first (on Sept. 30th) and then the on-line status (October 1st) so there was a one day lag for the on-line status.
Your AVM message should be updated soon. Hang in there!
Thats all we can do ...
--milehigh1

Thank you so much for your reply milehigh1! We are on the same boat. (Even the same day on FRE :))

Re: For RFE response received by INS

Originally posted by milehigh1
I just checked the On-line status today, INS has received my RFE response and it says:
"On September 28, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 390 and 420 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 420 days. You will receive a written decision on this case."

Go Figure ...
milehigh1

I had similar message for I-140 few months back. That actually ended up as good news for me cause they approved my I-140 in just couple of weeks after getting my RFE reply.

How do you check your I-485 status online?

I have not seen anyone mentioned about checking one's status online (here it says "web status"). Please advise how you do that? or you simply mean the automatic phone messages?

Has anyone been asked for I-485 supplement filing for RFE?

The RFE response updated pretty quick in my friend's case. It sent before the Labour Day and the AVM had been updated when checking back after Labor Day in about a week.

The AVM says the same thing after receiving one's RFE. The IIO said that the fastest would be one week to reach a decision when the case is with someone-an officer or a supervisor.

Originally posted by Drive
Hi milehigh1!,

On your case INS says ~{!0~}On September 28, 2002, we received your response~{!-~}blah blah~{!-!1~} My attorney sent them my RFE response on 9/25 but the web status is still the same as before w/o update. Would you mind tell me when you sent your RFE response back to INS so I could know when I expect to see the update on my case.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator: