Online status change a bit confusing a week later after the interview.. Please help

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
My case status online changed a week later after my interview saying that my application is placed in oath scheduling que and a oath ceremony notice is going to be sent out. 3-4 days later I received the oath ceremony notice in mail. Everything looks OK.

My wife's case was a bit different. The IO handed over the oath ceremony notice to my wife after her interview was done, but it was not as straight-forward as one would like. The IO told my wife as soon as her interview was over that he is going to hand over her the oath ceremony notice in couple of minutes. He gave a print command on his machine and went to another room to get the notice. He came back empty handed 5 minutes later and told my wife that there are printer issues and he told my wife to wait a bit more. Almost 15 minutes later he came back and brought a oath cermony notice and manually filled it with her name and A# and handed it to my wife.

Strangely enough, a week later after her interview, her online status changed to the same as mine did, even though she already received the oath ceremony notice on the interview day. So her online status said that her application is placed in oath scheduling que and a oath ceremony notice is going to be sent out.

So this is the confusing part.. why did her online status changed like that a week later even though she already was given the notice in hand??

However, I was expecting they might sent us a corrected notice perhaps specifying both her old name and new name, as the IO only wrote her new name on the notice that he gave to her after the interview .

It has been more than 2 weeks and I still have'nt received her oath ceremony notice, unlike me where I received it within 3-4 days of online status change... this is getting me worried.

Is this normal? Should I be checking be USCIS on this? If we do not receive the 'other' oath ceremony notice than would it be OK just to take the one she received at the time of interview with just her new name written by IO?
Please help..

Thanks

WHEN CAN YOU STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTION HERE???

Searcing your previous posts reveals you raised many stupid questions while people here answered them patiently. You said you are going to share your interview experience here, which I think is the least you should do for the stupidity of your questions and to thank all the people here. Now you have oath scheduled and are typing these non sense questions again without ever trying to provide any feedback to the nice people here who tolerated your stupidity again and again. I feel ashamed for you.

My case status online changed a week later after my interview saying that my application is placed in oath scheduling que and a oath ceremony notice is going to be sent out. 3-4 days later I received the oath ceremony notice in mail. Everything looks OK.

My wife's case was a bit different. The IO handed over the oath ceremony notice to my wife after her interview was done, but it was not as straight-forward as one would like. The IO told my wife as soon as her interview was over that he is going to hand over her the oath ceremony notice in couple of minutes. He gave a print command on his machine and went to another room to get the notice. He came back empty handed 5 minutes later and told my wife that there are printer issues and he told my wife to wait a bit more. Almost 15 minutes later he came back and brought a oath cermony notice and manually filled it with her name and A# and handed it to my wife.

Strangely enough, a week later after her interview, her online status changed to the same as mine did, even though she already received the oath ceremony notice on the interview day. So her online status said that her application is placed in oath scheduling que and a oath ceremony notice is going to be sent out.

So this is the confusing part.. why did her online status changed like that a week later even though she already was given the notice in hand??

However, I was expecting they might sent us a corrected notice perhaps specifying both her old name and new name, as the IO only wrote her new name on the notice that he gave to her after the interview .

It has been more than 2 weeks and I still have'nt received her oath ceremony notice, unlike me where I received it within 3-4 days of online status change... this is getting me worried.

Is this normal? Should I be checking be USCIS on this? If we do not receive the 'other' oath ceremony notice than would it be OK just to take the one she received at the time of interview with just her new name written by IO?
Please help..

Thanks

WHEN CAN YOU STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTION HERE???

Searcing your previous posts reveals you raised many stupid questions while people here answered them patiently. You said you are going to share your interview experience here, which I think is the least you should do for the stupidity of your questions and to thank all the people here. Now you have oath scheduled and are typing these non sense questions again without ever trying to provide any feedback to the nice people here who tolerated your stupidity again and again. I feel ashamed for you.

This comment is specific for people like 'allaboutgc'.. anybody else please do not feel offended

Can you stop being stupid yourself. Don't comment on behalf of others or try to represent others. Do you know what the purpose of this forum is? Please do me a favor - Do not post on any of my threads.

I have been on this forum for over 10 years. The people who have been answering me are there to help and guide from their experiences. All posts are relevant and have some unique info which might not be useful to you, but might be useful to many others. I try to bring up questions that usually are'nt asked so that we can have more details and better understanding about the process.

My question was not a stupid question, it might be irrelevant to you as things might have come easy for you. I do not have time to dig through your posts (like you did) and figure out how much useful you have been to this forum. When it comes to immigration related issues, you can never know unless you already have been through the process. When it comes to USCIS you cannot leave anything to logic, guess or assumption.

If you cannot provide answers than do not judge people.. you are not supposed too. You're not helping the cause of this forum. I think all posts are relevant as long as they are related to the topic. Asking questions is a good thing even if people like you think it is stupid... it might provide useful info to many others. It is people like you because of which there are fewer and fewer posts happening on this forum.. and the purpose is getting lost.

I have seen some people, like yourself, more interested in just making remarks about other people questions rather than posting any useful info.. it is a sad thing..

I have told lot of my friends about this forum over the past 10 years as it a useful tool and guide to good info. But the sad truth is more and more people are not finding enough posts which have info that they are looking for. Not everybody posts, and people who do, then there are guys like you to discourage.

Once gain, this comment is specific for people like 'allaboutgc'.. anybody else please do not feel offended

Experts can you please keep this post to the question that I posted.. I know that the question is not as relevant.. but than it is a question that needs to be answered..

I understand that for some of these questions the answer might seem obvious.. but like I have suggested before with immigration you cannot leave anything to logic, instead leave it to experts and do your home-work and double-check everything.

People like you who only ask but not share do not deserve to be helped. Period. But I would like to do you a favor and answer your question here. Yes your wife's online status is extremely unusual which suggests both you and your wife are under investigation and serious background re-check. You should prepare for the worst, as you said, USCIS is not logical.

Please help..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
People like you who only ask do not deserve to be helped. Period. But I would like to do you a favor and answer your question here. Yes your wife's online status is extremely unusual which suggests both you and your wife are under investigation and serious background re-check. You should prepare for the worst, as you said, USCIS is not logical.

Yes, USCIS is not logical... I know that from my experience... that is why this forum is there. And yes, people do need your help, I can see that from your previous posts. Thanks for your favor. You definately went through my posts pretty well before commenting.. I am astonished at your brilliance in interpreting other persons posts

Thanks for ruining my post... I greatly appreciate it

I hope my original posted questions will get answered once 'allaboutgc' is all done with his useful experts comments and do not waste anymore of his precious time reading my posts.

Yes, USCIS is not logical... I know that from my experience... that is why this forum is there. And yes, people do need your help, I can see that from your previous posts. Thanks for your favor. You definately went through my posts pretty well before commenting.. I am astonished at your brilliance in interpreting other persons posts

Thanks for ruining my post... I greatly appreciate it

I hope my original posted questions will get answered once 'allaboutgc' is all done with his useful experts comments and do not waste anymore of his precious time reading my posts.

Aakash, do not worry - the oath letter will definitely come! I am in the similar situation. My interview was 26 days ago, I got approval, on June 12 was placed "in line for oath", but there is no oath letter... Though I worry a bit, but I know that in my DO oaths are held only once a month, and they collect up to 500 people to get oath simultaneously. I am just waiting patiently. Maybe the same is in your DO.
Do not pay attention to mean people whose goal is to send offensive messages (I have been through this as well, and felt pretty bad many times: these people reach their goal by affecting your mood in a negative way). But there are very many nice people, who are ready to answer your questions.This forum exists for questions-answers-sharing experience. By the way, my mom was a school teacher of Physics for 40 years, and also was a principal of the school for many years, she get used to say, "There are no stupid questions - there could be only stupid answers".
Best wishes!

Aakash, do not worry - the oath letter will definitely come! I am in the similar situation. My interview was 26 days ago, I got approval, on June 12 was placed "in line for oath", but there is no oath letter... Though I worry a bit, but I know that in my DO oaths are held only once a month, and they collect up to 500 people to get oath simultaneously. I am just waiting patiently. Maybe the same is in your DO.
Do not pay attention to mean people whose goal is to send offensive messages (I have been through this as well, and felt pretty bad many times: these people reach their goal by affecting your mood in a negative way). But there are very many nice people, who are ready to answer your questions.This forum exists for questions-answers-sharing experience. By the way, my mom was a school teacher of Physics for 40 years, and also was a principal of the school for many years, she get used to say, "There are no stupid questions - there could be only stupid answers".
Best wishes!

Thanks Marusia_GC for your words of wisdom. My best wishes our with you too. You have struggled a lot reaching here and no one is more deserving of the US citizenship then you are. Take Care.

Thanks Marusia_GC for your words of wisdom. My best wishes our with you too. You have struggled a lot reaching here and no one is more deserving of the US citizenship then you are. Take Care.

birds of the same feather tend to flock together, don't they

birds of the same feather tend to flock together, don't they

That is so true.. hip hip hurray to you.. you got everybody's attention... be happy now.

Thanks for your comment, and your attempt to ruin this post, and further disgracing this forum..

I apolozise to everyone on behalf of people like daniyatom, allaboutgc who try to discourage other people from posting their genuine queries and are trying to get some help..

But please do not be discouraged and keep posting as most of the times it is usually the most silliest/simplest of queries that confuses the most.

Regarding the oath notice that you got in the mail, and the one your wife got after interview; are they for the same oath ceremony date?
When is the date?
Assuming they are for the same date, I would just take what you currently have in hand to the oath.
The online updates are sometimes not accurate. Pretend you never saw the online updates and rely only on what you have in hand.

Regarding the oath notice that you got in the mail, and the one your wife got after interview; are they for the same oath ceremony date?
When is the date?
Assuming they are for the same date, I would just take what you currently have in hand to the oath.
The online updates are sometimes not accurate. Pretend you never saw the online updates and rely only on what you have in hand.

Thanks rjackal. Yes the one that my wife got in hand, and the one that I got in mail have the same oath ceremony date of August 1st. The IO gave me a choice of different cities where I can get my oath ceremony scheduled, but with different dates. I selected the one that was nearest. And IO assured that the same will be set for my wife during her interview.

I have just been confused about these online updates, which can sometimes be very misleading.

I will go with your advice and just take the notices that we have during the oath.

Thanks

With a month to wait, I see one of three things happening:
1) An oath ceremony letter arrives in the mail that matches what she has in hand. All is good.
2) Nothing arrives in the mail, and you go with what you have in hand. All is good.
3) An oath ceremony letter arrives in the mail for a different date. If that happens, then I would make an InfoPass appointment right away.

With a month to wait, I see one of three things happening:
1) An oath ceremony letter arrives in the mail that matches what she has in hand. All is good.
2) Nothing arrives in the mail, and you go with what you have in hand. All is good.
3) An oath ceremony letter arrives in the mail for a different date. If that happens, then I would make an InfoPass appointment right away.

Thanks rjackal

To: Allaboutgc & Danyatom - reported abuse - warning has been issued

This is a place of tolerance. We are here to help each other. If you don't like the post, don't respond to it. You have been privately warned about it and we will follow up on your posts from now on.- :(

Thanks a lot for your wishes! The same to you and your wife!