Online EAD application

va_il

Registered Users (C)
HI All,
We both have to apply for renewal of our EADs. This time i plan to apply myself online.

As we , do i aply and continue for my wife in the same application or both to be applied as if they are separate applications? Do both of us need online accounts with USCIS if we have to apply?
Never done this before..

va_il said:
HI All,
We both have to apply for renewal of our EADs. This time i plan to apply myself online.

As we , do i aply and continue for my wife in the same application or both to be applied as if they are separate applications? Do both of us need online accounts with USCIS if we have to apply?
Never done this before..

Hi,

You need to create only one account. Using that you can apply for both, fill out one 765 for you and another one for your wife. I recently efiled for EAD and AP at VSC and got it renewed in 3 weeks.

DL

DESILAL said:
Hi,

You need to create only one account. Using that you can apply for both, fill out one 765 for you and another one for your wife. I recently efiled for EAD and AP at VSC and got it renewed in 3 weeks.

DL
Thank you very much for your clarification.

HI
I did submit my(and wife) online applications today.

Time and again i see in this forum that ppl call ASC immedietly after filing and booking an appointment for biometrics. But the confirmation receipt that printed after my submission clearly says

"BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center
(ASC). You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with a specific date, time, and place where
you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken.
• You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice prior to going to the ASC for processing.
• This Confirmation Receipt notice is NOT your appointment notice."

Meaning i shouldn't call and book the appointment right? Did you get similar message when you booked your appointment, which number did you call to book the appointment?

Should i wait to complete biometrics before i send supporting documents?

va_il said:
HI

Time and again i see in this forum that ppl call ASC immedietly after filing and booking an appointment for biometrics. But the confirmation receipt that printed after my submission clearly says

"BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center
(ASC). You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with a specific date, time, and place where
• You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice prior to going to the ASC for processing.

Meaning i shouldn't call and book the appointment right? Did you get similar message when you booked your appointment, which number did you call to book the appointment?

Hi,

Call ASC immediately and book an appointment for both. The number should be shown on the online receipt you got after submiting the form online.

I got appointment the next day after I efiled. So along with the supoprting documents I sent them the ASC stamped online receipt notice too.

If you don't get the ASC appointment immediately then go ahead and send the supporting documents rather than waiting for the biometrics.

My application was efiled at VSC.

DL

Last edited by a moderator:
va_il said:
HI

Hi,

The confirmation receipt I received shows the following

"Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
• For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the BCIS Form Instructions
links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm .
• DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you
are submitting.
• DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
• DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
• DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
• DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by BCIS.
You must phone the BCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 [TTY 1-800-767-1883] to schedule
an appointment with your local Application Support Center. You will need your BCIS Receipt Number and ASC
Fingerprint Code to schedule the appointment.
• The Application Support Center will collect a digital photograph, signature, and fingerprint from you at your
appointment.
• Please bring a copy of your e-filed application and this confirmation receipt with you to your appointment at
the Application Support Center.
• YOUR APPLICATION CANNOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL YOU HAVE APPEARED FOR YOUR
APPOINTMENT AT THE APPLICATION SUPPORT CENTER."

DL

I did applied EAD online with VSC. when I called the for the BIOMetrics they said I get a letter from BCIS for bio-metrics.

BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center

ravvap said:
I did applied EAD online with VSC. when I called the for the BIOMetrics they said I get a letter from BCIS for bio-metrics.

BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center

Right i also got the exact same message. Wonder if it has anything to do with our 485 fingerprinting expiry. In anycase .. should we wait or call again and try to book an appointment? We wouldn't know when they will send the appointment right, did you send your supporting documents or you are going to wait for the biometrics to be done.

what are the supporting documents?

what are the supporting documents for EAD. after online submission within how many days we have to submit the documents.
Thanks

1. Covering Letter
2. Confirmation Receipt
3. Current EAD front & Back
4. Copy of 485 receipt and 140 approval if exists
5. Copy of EAD approval letter
6. Cut out of EAD Approval letter (TOP portion)
7. Bio-metrics from passport copy
8. Driving license

ravvap said:
1. Covering Letter
2. Confirmation Receipt
8. Driving license

Thank you. Address is PO Box. Did you sent it certified mail with return receipt? Would it work because i heard somewhere they don't USPS dont entertain return receipts for mail sent to POBox.

(Which all pages from passport did you send?)

Apprciate your/others inputs.

Thanks

ravvap said:
1. Covering Letter
2. Confirmation Receipt
8. Driving license
Thanks for the information.

EAD Renewal - Biometerics Appt - Help Pls

Hello all,

I applied for my 4th EAD renewal online and I did get the same message as some of you guys.

The last time that I applied, I used to take an appointment myself and then mail the documents after the fingerprints and all that. Looks like they've changed the system now and they would be setting up the appointment for us. But the issue for me is, I have my address in Ohio and I work in Seattle, so will have to go to Seattle office and request for a change of location for fingure prints appt.

I've seen your messages regarding EAD Renewal and Bio metrics appointment. So, I was wondering what you did for the same. Did you mail the supporting documents before they sent out an appointment notice, or did you wait for the notice and then mailed the docs? And how long did it take for you to get approved?

I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know asap.

Thank you
Kiran.

You should wait for the appointment. We got our appointment notice sent to us in 2 weeks of the application date.

Hi va_il,

Did you get your appointment notice via regular mail or email?
Could you check this status through online status?
I will be traveling for 3 weeks and won't be able to check my mail box.
Just worry that the notice will be sent while I am away... :confused:

All:
Now that all EAD applications from across the country will be processed by NSC, any idea how it effects the timelines. Though i applied more than 90 days ahead, i am curious to know as they even stopped iEAD at this time.

Do we need to send photos for EAD ?

Hello,
Do we need to send passport photos along with the docuementation for EAD on-line application?

Please reply.

Thank you
Kiran

not ALL EADs are processed at NSC

EADs related to pending 485's at various service centers should still be processed at the center where 485 is pending.

va_il said:
All:
Now that all EAD applications from across the country will be processed by NSC, any idea how it effects the timelines. Though i applied more than 90 days ahead, i am curious to know as they even stopped iEAD at this time.