Online Case Status Retrieval Failed

aa2aa

Registered Users (C)
When I enter my I140 receipt number (which I got last week) at USCIS online case status website, I get this message: "Case Status Retrieval Failed. This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

Does anyone know in what conditions this happens? Is there any need to worry?

That's not uncommon (several similar posts on I-485 forums), it's possible the service center resources are tied up for generating receipts for July 2007 applicants - I would wait another week.

last week USCIS made an announcement that their some of their website would be down for service and update. they did name case status site as one of the affected ones. try next week again.

The strange thing is that I have 6 other receipt numbers generated the same day which I can track online (485, AP and EAD for me and my wife). It's only my 140 which I cannot track. I'll wait.

Similar thing here, though with me it is our daughters I485 number that does not work. We asked the lawyer to call USCIS and double check that the receipt number is correct. She did and USCIS informed her that the number on the receipt notice is correct and will eventually be reflected in the online system. It is still not there (this was 9 days ago). I am getting the impression the online system is not the best source of information.

Same Here,
I got 6 receipts (485/765/131) total for me and my wife + 1 I-140 receipt. I can check status of all 485 receipts but when i try to pull status for I-140, I get same error as you listed above.. Is there any problem with system. Did u call USCIS and inquire?

I had the same problem with my I-140 online status check when I got the receipt number from the lawyer on 09/18. I was able to check the online status correctly (showing "Received and pending") since 10/03.