Online appointments for visa processing in Canda/Mex - Changes?

GS28

Registered Users (C)
Greetings all:

I was surfing the NVARS website (http://www.nvars.com) looking for appointments at US consulates in Mexico. When filling out my information, after I entered "Country" (for country of current residence) as "United States" a message popped up saying "We are unable to process appointments for US Consulates in Canada and Mexico at this point" followed by a suggestion to call the 900 numbers for further questions. If I left the country as "Canada" the message didn\'t pop up.

I had been visiting NVARS all of last week keeping track of appointments in Ciudad Juarez (was thinking of transfering my current appointment from Toronto to Juarez) and this didn\'t happen then. Does anyone know anything about this? A computer glitch? An attempt to make it more difficult (and expensive) for TCNs to make appointments?

GS

Revalidation in Mexico / Canada not allowed..?

I\'m no expert but I have just had my L1-B renewed and switched to an L1-A. I\'m not clear yet if this means I must leave the contry and have it reissued or if I can revalidate my existing L visa.

However... as I looked into this I was advised that as of mid-November you could no longer use the "convenience option" and have it done in Canada or Mexico, I would have to return to my home consulate to have the visa issued.