One US Dollar = One Canadian Dollar

Things to come

This is what happens when you hire and give amnesty to people running across the border while turning away skilled people coming in legally. USA's loss = Europe+Canada's gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
really worth watching...

usa,canada,australia,new zealand...

all currnecies are coming closer day by day... othe country options are also good if US immigration is not succesful.

This is what happens when you hire and give amnesty to people running across the border while turning away skilled people coming in legally. USA's loss = Europe+Canada's gain.

Amazing leap of logic, if logic is the right word to use here.

US economy and Dollar values always swing before US elections. This is due to the fact that the US Government would normally don't make drastic decisions or "adjust" the rules relating to economy. Especially when the President knows for sure that his party wouldn't be back in power. Kinda like
stirring up the pot.

I am positive that the economy will take a turn by Q2 2008 when the new President is in place. But, whoever is going to be the next President, unless he/she decides to create more jobs, no Greenspans' would be able to straighten up the already 'fallen' economy.

US economy and Dollar values always swing before US elections. This is due to the fact that the US Government would normally don't make drastic decisions or "adjust" the rules relating to economy. Especially when the President knows for sure that his party wouldn't be back in power. Kinda like
stirring up the pot.

I am positive that the economy will take a turn by Q2 2008 when the new President is in place. But, whoever is going to be the next President, unless he/she decides to create more jobs, no Greenspans' would be able to straighten up the already 'fallen' economy.
It is unlikely that next 5 years will show upward turn, the successors will be devoted to "fixing" predecessors' mistakes, That is the politics.

Amazing leap of logic, if logic is the right word to use here.

Let me explain, coz I think I oversimplified or maybe over complicated the concept (depends on which side you belong to). America's leadership role has always been dependent on the imported brains. Starting from the hard working migrants of the old west, to the convergence of migrants scientists that contributed to the Manhattan project to the brilliant migrants' brains that laid the foundation of today's space program.

Imagine what would have happened if America had turned all these people around? There would be no economic edge, no new inventions, no new patents. And you would loose the economic leadership role. International trade would be in Euros and there would not be much difference between the Italian lire and US$.

Read this: http://news.thomasnet.com/IMT/archi...rain_kauffman_foundation_report.html?t=recent

High currency doesn't necesserely means good for the economy. Canada is predominantly an exporter and its main traiding partner is the US. High Canadian dollar makes Canadian goods less attractive, and all export industries in Canada (with the exeption of oil) are hurting. Many Canadian companies, at least in Ontario, are just appendages of US companies who outsourced manufacturing north of the border bacause of attractive exhchnage rates in the past. If currency rates stay as they are now, this outsourcing is no longer attractive as Canadian workers become more expensive than their US counterparts. Minimum wage in Canada is also higher and companies face more government regulations, so many of the jobs will go back south.

For those who are thinking about moving to Canada, keep in mind that Canadian economy is at least 10 times smaller than in the US, and Canadian job market is lean and mean. I lived in Canada for several years, it's nice country if you have a steady well-paying job, but getting one of those jobs is not easy for a new immigrant. Canadian workforce is oversaturated with highly skilled immigrants competing for few positions available. In addition, Canada openly allows discrimination against immigrants called Canadian experience. A Canadian employer is legally allowed to ask if you have a Canadian experience, and give preference to those who have Canadian experience.

This being said, I'd still recommend Canada if you are sure you can get a decent full-time job in your field there. In all my years in Canada all I managed was contract positions, well paid but short termed with stretches of unemployment in between. So when my last contract in Canada ended, I decided to extend my job search south of the border, and immediately got several full-time offers (no questions about US experience asked), while if I stayed I'd had faced 3 - 5 month long job search.