One RFE 2-3 weeks, more than one RFE 3+ Months, What do you say?

gmedapuram

Registered Users (C)
What I observed is , if you got one RFE they will clear by 15-20 business days. More than one RFE (like one to you for BC, Employement, for your wife Medical), then it will take minimum 3-5 months.
Whatever / which ever is easy for them, they do it to show numbers.

not sure if this is true for all cases.

My RFE was received back in March and still no approval. Have seen several others with one rfe back in march with no approval till now. Finding a pattern in chaos is futile in my opinion.

Inimacam

Not True

Hi,

I had two RFE\'s, one for me and the other for my wife. She actually had a complicated RFE but both of our cases were approved in 27 days. You can see my posting under Chugalug. Good Luck.

485 Employment Letter Question

Hello!
Can someone answer my 485 related employment letter question?
I am currently making less than what is required according to the DOL and the salary assured by my employer as part of the GC process. Haven\'t got any raise last year or this year due to market conditions and so the employer is refusing to give the employment letter for the amount promised initially but is ready to give an employment letter for current salary (which is about 2K LESS). I have applied in EB2 category.

What are my options at this point? Should i simply wait until the employer actually gives a raise, which is indefinite. Is there something i can do? My lawyer said applying without an employment letter will trigger an RFE and we will have about 3 Months to respond and if we don\'t our case will be rejected.

1)Should i take a chance by applying without the emp letter OR
2) Apply in a lower category (EB3?)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

as long as your "Proofferd wage" is equal to or more than "Prevailing Wage" you

Find out more with your attorney. The offer letter / employement that your employer is going to give you is "Pro-Offered". THis always should be => (equal to or greater than Prevailing wage". Prevailing wage is already determinced for you. Find out with your attorney about it. Think it is X, your present salary is Y. If the equation is like Y=>X, you are fine. Otherwise, you might be in trouble. if it greater that is better.
I had the same case, but my equation of "Y is 4K more than X" , so I escaped.

for your questions 1 and 2) All you need to do is find another job with same description (the offer letter should clearly mention to avoid hassles), same salary as described in labor (not your PREVIOUS salary), in the same area where your labor raised.
Hope it helps.

Current Wage is less than prevailing wage!

gmedapuram...Thanks for your reply!
The problem is my current Salary is less than the prevailing wage and the company agreed to the RFE i got from SESA with respect to the wages. They agreed as it was only 2K less than what i make & thought i can easily get it if i get one raise. The problem was due to the market conditions i didn\'t get any raise. NOW the company doesn\'t want to take a risk by promising me 2K more in the offer letter as they can\'t guarantee the raise due to market conditions.

So given this situation....any suggestions?
Thanks again!

Quickly get into market

Hi,
If I were you, I will jump into market and try mu luck. Put whatever you are going thru aside. FOR SURE YOU WILL NOT ONLY GET A OFFER, BUT A BETTER ONE. I did like that TWICE.
So be brave and jump. Unless untill you try, you will never come to know. With fear, 2 possibilities. Either you yeild to the pressure and loose OR you will come out in flying colors.
All the best. Let me know if I can do something for you. send me your resume\'.
Regards.

No Title

I just got approved and posted it on this forum. My experience is that don\'t worry about your salary. Your employer letter is very important. In your employer letter, you don\'t need write down the specific amount of your salary. Just pormise your future. A Good attorney should know how to write.

No Title

You have two options:
(1) Ask you company to send a letter to the labor dept. of your state to explain the prevailing wage in your area goes down and ask for a modified prevailing wage.
(2) Just remind you that you have a certain percentage variation. for example, the prevailing wage is 50000/yr. If the variation percentage if 3%, then you can be paid at 48500/yr.

good luck!

Thanks for your help!

Can you please tell me what details are expected in the employment letter or if you have a sample letter. (Willing to Employ, Position, Department, and what else?) Salary, Hire date & Benefits not needed?

Thanks you very much for your suggestions.
I truly appreciate all your help!