One possible explanation of delays in INS FP "background checking"

lf815

Registered Users (C)
Ciba and the rest of the gurus, what\'s your opinion about the following?

I\'ve read quite a few messages where participants indicates that they were told about INS FP background checking and large discrepancies in times it takes for different people.

Besides INS unefficiency, understaffing etc,etc, it still might be one additional reason, why it happens and it\'s unrelated to INS.

Requrements for CP includes providing police certificates from all the countries one has been living prior to come to US, to ensure ones is not a criminal.

This requrement is absent in AOS process, so INS might do it on its own

The fact that FBI is sending back results of FP checking within 1-2 days
points to the fact, that they most likely check ONLY if one\'s was involved in crimes committed in USA, where they can make a quick check in their database.

Would it be reasonable to suggest that INS "background check" includes sending requests to one\'s home country to check if he/she has a criminal record ?

That might explain (partually) large differences in times: clearly somebody who, for example, was born in Canada and all his life lived there
has an advantage over one who was born, let\'s say in Iran, then lived in couple of European countries and finally arrived to USA. In the first case it might be a single fax or even e-mail responded in couple of days. In the second case it\'s three requests and I am not sure if INS can casually send a fax to Iranian police asking about criminal records. Also, in some countries police databases might be only partually computerised, so it might take weeks to get a responce.

No Title

I also dont think so...FBI gives feedback on federal level and i think thats enough..I lives in Chicago , Indianapolis, LA ...do u think INS will send request to all PDs in these cities and wait till they reply.....( LAPD cannot handle their own corruption how can they handle others ;-)))

No Title

lf815,

INS has no resources to do this. It is virtually impossible to
check everyone\'s background by corresponding to applicant\'s
home country.

ciba

No Title

abey helper,
               tujhe gadha ,chutiya shabdo ke alawa aur kuch bhi shabd
aate hai kya?apne aap ko bada thop samaj raha hai kya?dheeraj rakh
putar dheeraj.