One more JIT report in 5 days...I-485 moved to October 2003

eb2august01

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Surprisingly there is another JIT dates update today.

EB2 I-140: moved to Oct 21, 2003
EB3 I-140: moved to Oct 06, 2003
I-485: moved to Oct 1, 2003

Don't get exited guys, this is Just Imagination Time report not Just IN Time report ...

Who knows may be they will move the dates to October 2005 next week and claim, Backlog...! What are you talking about ???

eb2august01

Reminds me of the Miller commercial ...

Its a travesty, sham, mockery -- travashamockery !!!

Oct '03 -- its not even funny anymore !

eb2august01 said:
Hi all,
Surprisingly there is another JIT dates update today.

EB2 I-140: moved to Oct 21, 2003
EB3 I-140: moved to Oct 06, 2003
I-485: moved to Oct 1, 2003

Don't get exited guys, this is Just Imagination Time report not Just IN Time report ...

Who knows may be they will move the dates to October 2005 next week and claim, Backlog...! What are you talking about ???

eb2august01

Very funny .. Maybe tragi-comic, eh?

Wrong processing date

I just called the 800 number and the customer service representive told me the date posted is wrong. They are still processing May 03 cases in stead of October 03.

I hope the date they posted is true. But we all have to face the reality. How can CSC process five months' cases in 5 days?????

This is indeed mockery. With thosands of WAC02 applicants, USCIS have been processing out of turns to move JIT dates. It is ridiculous to even suggest that a backlog of more than 2 years has been taken care within 2 months. It is doing something to make its books look up-to-date. First I had the idea that they must be doing it because they have come to undertsand that they are not on very good legal grounds against the lawsuit that has been filed. But then only CSC moving JIT dates is not going to help USCIC. All service centers must do the same. Is that happening? Or they are upto something else. Since the State Department is soon going to announce the cut off dates for Immigrant Visa Numbers, they may be trying to clear the later cases firsr as the earlier cases will not be coming under this perview. But then CSC cannot be so benevolent that they do try to take initiative to pull people out of miseries of years and years of waiting.

So what is it that CSC is upto.

Any guesses?

-novis

One theory - maybe USCIS is carrying out this sham JIT adjustment on a pilot basis in CSC. They are probably trying to ascertain the reaction to their jugglery. It they don't hear a peep from us, they will slip it in center by center for the next many months. Since we cannot identify this as a common thing across all centers, we cannot really use it in our case for quite some time.

Again, this is just a theory - maybe CSC is on to something really big. Any other ideas?

Actually I do not completely agree with Max and some other guys on this forum about the JIT recent moves.

Just two things to keep in mind:

1) I remember very well how most of the forumers with Jan- June 2002 RD were frustrated
earlier this year (spring and summer) when JIT moved to May- June 2002 yet the cases
were not approved. People showed all types of statistics that only 20% of cases were touched, etc.

Yet, just a couple of months later the majority of those cases were indeed approved.

2) When the approvals flaw started last spring it had three streams:

a) early 2002 cases,
b) early 2003 cases
c) pilot program cases.

It looks to me that the first two strems just reached each other...

In any case, believe me that this stupid JIT move is 9in the long run) a good thing.

Disclaimer: I have had this point of view since long before my (rather late) approval last week.

fine&jadwin said:
Actually I do not completely agree with Max and some other guys on this forum about the JIT recent moves.

Just two things to keep in mind:

1) I remember very well how most of the forumers with Jan- June 2002 RD were frustrated
earlier this year (spring and summer) when JIT moved to May- June 2002 yet the cases
were not approved. People showed all types of statistics that only 20% of cases were touched, etc.

Yet, just a couple of months later the majority of those cases were indeed approved.

2) When the approvals flaw started last spring it had three streams:

a) early 2002 cases,
b) early 2003 cases
c) pilot program cases.

It looks to me that the first two strems just reached each other...

In any case, believe me that this stupid JIT move is 9in the long run) a good thing.

Disclaimer: I have had this point of view since long before my (rather late) approval last week.
fine&jadwin:

I'd be really very happy if this JIT report is based on "reality"
Unfortunately its not .... its not just perception here -- there are numbers proving that its indeed a sham.

Look at the attached chart.

It clearly shows the number of approved/pending cases of just WAC02 ( 11/01 --> 10/02 )
If this JIT (& the previous one) were true, then the approval rate should've been something >90% for all of WAC02 ---
unfortunately its not even close to that.

Lets see how all this pans out in the end :)

max2k1 said:
fine&jadwin:

I'd be really very happy if this JIT report is based on "reality"
Unfortunately its not .... its not just perception here -- there are numbers proving that its indeed a sham.

Look at the attached chart.

It clearly shows the number of approved/pending cases of just WAC02 ( 11/01 --> 10/02 )
If this JIT (& the previous one) were true, then the approval rate should've been something >90% for all of WAC02 ---
unfortunately its not even close to that.

Lets see how all this pans out in the end :)

I dod not dispute this data- I just did not have any idea how correct it is. My point is that people used exactly the same argument a few months ago when they denounced the JIT move beyond Dec 2001 (the percentage of "touched" cases for Jan-May 2002 was about 10-20% then). By touched I mean approved+transfered+RFE. Since at the beginning of last month the JIT date was still somewhere in August 2002 it looks to me that
July-Dec 2002 cases will feel the effects of this JIT jumps in a couple of months.

We all agree that this JIT thing is not the exact science. My only point is that in some twisted way it does reflect the dynamics of approvals.

And, by the way, the JIT move does allow people to make inquires. Sometimes inquires help.

Lol

eb2august01 said:
Hi all,

eb2august01

LOL