one more--I-485 RFE, No Update on I-140

MJ23

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

status on my I-485 and wife's got updated Nov 10
"On November 9, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed."

No update on I-140 yet ???

Gurus, any input on what are possible scenarios for I-485 RFE's ?

will the RFE come to me(applicant) or the attorney/employer?

Please let me know...thanks in advance

MJ23

My case details:

140,485 Concurrent EB3 - RD - Sep 26,2003 - both me and spouse
EAD1 AD Nov 11,2003
FP complete May 18,2004
EAD2 AD Oct 10,2004

MJ23 said:
Folks,

status on my I-485 and wife's got updated Nov 10
"On November 9, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed."

No update on I-140 yet ???

Gurus, any input on what are possible scenarios for I-485 RFE's ?
-----some documents may be missing, you will come to know when you get RFE letter
will the RFE come to me(applicant) or the attorney/employer?
--- if the RFE is for I-485 it will go to lawyer who filed your I-485, be in touch with him.
I expect once your lawyer replies to RFE your I-140 and I-485 may be approved
Please let me know...thanks in advance

MJ23

As attorney represents our case in most of the cases they receive the RFE. I485 RFE may be birth certificate related It takes about 3 to 5 days to reach attorney

As attorney represents our case in most of the cases they receive the RFE. I485 RFE may be birth certificate related It takes about 3 to 5 days to reach attorney

MJ23,

Finally they touched your case. That's atleast a good news. Most of the I-485 RFE's are easily handled by lawyers. So don't worry. I wish you good luck.

I did not check the online status or forum msgs for about a week. But no changes. Hoping to hear something soon.

thanks murthytsvn, ginnu for ur replies.
i'm getting in touch with my attorney today, 'll keep the forum posted on further updates on what the RFE is about, hopin for things to be ok

bmt74, thnx for ur note -- hope they work on ur case soon and hope u go one step better - good luck to u

RFE update

folks,

got the 'I-485 RFE' to my address..the document has my I-485 file number on the top right but the first line starts off with 'Case Type: I-140'.

It's basically a I-140 RFE. (but my online status for I-140 remains the same 'received on Sep 2003 etc,etc' - and only the I-485 status has changed to 'requested for more information')...its kinda puzzling

The RFE wants the following

a) Ability to Pay
b) 2002,2003 tax returns of my company
c) 2 recent pay stubs of me
d) Current Employment verification letter

anyway, just going to contact attorney and company on responding soon to the RFE. Anyone has any opinions on the above, please share it...'ll keep the forum updated.

MJ23 said:
folks,

got the 'I-485 RFE' to my address..the document has my I-485 file number on the top right but the first line starts off with 'Case Type: I-140'.

I guess you mentioned that your wife's 485 online message changed too, did u recieve the RFE in mail for your wife's case?

ABT - nope

guys, do u think my RFE is a bad one? - i would think company shd be able to answer these questions --- any experiences - any problems expected? - please share ur thoughts

MJ23,
I think it may not be a problem. You attorney may know what to do as you have I485 on your RFE. And good luck

MJ23 said:
ABT - nope

guys, do u think my RFE is a bad one? - i would think company shd be able to answer these questions --- any experiences - any problems expected? - please share ur thoughts

Thanks MJ23,
Wish you good luck and hope your attorney should be able to handle it easily.
I am still awaiting for my 485 RFE details.
ABT

MJ23 said:
folks,

It's basically a I-140 RFE. (but my online status for I-140 remains the same 'received on Sep 2003 etc,etc' - and only the I-485 status has changed to 'requested for more information')...its kinda puzzling

The RFE wants the following

a) Ability to Pay
b) 2002,2003 tax returns of my company
c) 2 recent pay stubs of me
d) Current Employment verification letter

anyway, just going to contact attorney and company on responding soon to the RFE. Anyone has any opinions on the above, please share it...'ll keep the forum updated.

MJ23,
Did you file all those documents originally and are they asking for it again? I mean tax returns, pay stubs.....
Thx

yep ek1975

Guys - visa number retrogression expected from Jan 05 for EB3 as per latest bulletin

How will a case like mine - I-140 RFE - be affected? --- what if my attorney responds to the RFE, but the decision is not reached before Jan 05? --- will my case be pushed along with the backlogs OR will it be processed because it was touched upon before Jan 05?

please share ur thoughts

I-485 Rfe

i don't know it's RFE or approval Notice. I got the I-797C Notice of action for my I-485 and it says it's an approval notice.

But the Main content has the following info's

the application for petition cannot be accepted because

1) the check or other form of payment is not signed

2) chek or other form of payment is not for the proper fee of $385.00

My Notice date and receipt date for I-485 is Nov 06,2003 , at that time the filing fee is $305.00 . And the check was encashed by INS on nov 16,2003.

I don't know what the heck they want ??? i checked MY I-485 APPLICATION FORM , i have signed in all the area .

Tommorow i will discuss with the lawyer and update u on the status

========================================================
I-140 ND OCT 16,2003 EB3/RIR AD: Nov 05,2004
I-485 ND NOV 06,2003 LUD Change : Nov 08,09,2004 ..No status update on the website .. Got the Notice (I-797-C ) Today

RFEs for I485

Yesterday online status message for I485 for my wife and myself changed to RFE. There was no change in online status for I140 and its LUD.

MJ23:

I have a feeling your case will be approved before this year end. all the evdience they ask is just a normal checking procedure. you need to submit all the required docs asap in order to expedite the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also was issued an RFE (for Letter of Employment).
Once my attorney responded, my 140/485 were approved concurrently within 3 weeks.
Your case seems promising.