One more free guy - received approval notice on 11/15/01

Small Nothing

Registered Users (C)
EB3, PD always current
RD 02/21 (however the AVM always said "we received you application on March 16, it wil take 975 to 999 days, ...)
ND 03/19, WAC 01-132-XXXXX
FP notice received on 08/09, scheduled on 10/25 in San Francisco
FP done on 08/12 in San Jose
11/14 around 9:30PM the AVM was still saying the old message
11/15 found the courtesy copy of the approval notice in mail, approval date 11/09
11/16 stamped the passport in San Francisco; AVM updated to "approved..."
Called IIO a few times but I think it made no difference.
No RFE, nothing unusual about my case.

Thanks to Ciba and everybody helping others. Such help means much more than it can be expressed in a few words.

There are many things one could say about how INS handles our applications, but sometimes when I said things I just hurt myself without being able to change anything. So this time I\'ll try to act like a grown up, respectful, well educated person: I\'ll pretend like I have no idea that something is wrong and I\'ll just say "good luck to everybody"

No Title

Cograts, Small Nothing! Time to move on with your life and put it behind you!

Small Nothing, Congrats!

Could you share PP experience? What\'s time you got SF. How long it took?
Thanks,

Congrats! And what is your PD (of couse your PD is current)?

PD means when you filed ETA-750 with EDD for LC(AEC), which is the first step of GC. You case can\'t be approved before your PD got current, which means it is earlier than the cut-off date DOS has published. For instace my PD is 04/26/00, and it got current on 04/01/01.

PP stamping quite similar with other experiences on Ciba\'s site

Reached INS San Francisco on Friday 11:10am.
Entered through Sansome street, nobody waiting at this entrance (I have no idea about Washington St. entrance, I haven\'t even looked at it)
Showed the approval notice to the guard, he just checked me with X-ray/metal detector/whatever and wanted to tell me where the room 200B is but thanks to PP stamping experiences on Ciba\'s site I already knew very well where should I go (on 2nd floor, enter room 200 and walk to the right)
4-5 people waiting on chairs in front of room 200B, the same note on the door saying to just slide your paper through the slot in the door and wait for they to call your name.
I just placed there my approval notice (courtesy copy) and took a seat. Around 11:40 (less than half hour) somebody behind the counter number 19 called my name. I had my passport, departure record and 2 pictures ready and I handed them to him, he asked about AP and EAD, I told him that I didn\'t applied for AP, just EAD and he asked for the EAD card. I had it in my wallet (I knew that sometimes they try to retrieve the no longer needed AP/EAD) and I gave it to him.
Then he asked me to sign on a form and also took my fingerprint (just right index) on the same form. Both my signature and finger print were required two times, and quite strange, I guess that the guy took them on the same form, the second time on the other side of the form. It makes sense to put them on 2 forms, but two times on the same form??? Anyway, no problem with this, just a curiosity...
Then he told me that I have to wait another 20-30 minutes for the stamp. Around 12:00 somebody called my name again and handed my the stamped passport, saying that this is my temporary proof of permanent resident till I get the card. Checked the dates/numbers filled by hand over the stamp (A#, WAC#, validity date - one year from now), everything ok and I left at 12:00

It may be a good idea to avoid the lunch time as I heard one officer saying to somebody "can you pls return within one hour since the officer having your papers left for lunch?"

history before I-485

LC filled Aug-Sept 99, approved around Mar 2000, I-140 filled within weeks after LC approval, approved Oct 2000, lost a few months like an idiot (at that time I considered that there\'s plenty of time for GC) so I supplied all the required papers to attorney only on early Jan 2001 and he sent the I-485 application on Feb 2001.

Unfortunately being from Europe I never had anything to do with any PD, I don\'t know about it and I\'m not sure if I understood your PD question. If this message didn\'t completely answered your question, pls. give me more explanations.