One more case

Once she joined several other immigrants in filing a lawsuit, though, a curious thing happened. Her name check was completed within three weeks, and immigration officials offered to process her citizenship.

I really find this interesting. Here is why :

This is not the first time someone called the USCIS a dozed million times and get the same answer and then all of the sudden a lawsuit is involved WHAM it is cleared within days and weeks.

It really makes me wonder in a way if the USCIS sort of OR the FBI categorize some people. I mean what is it ?

Of course ... duh !!! LOL ... that is a way for them to get even more money out of us who have to file !!!

Yes, suing them is the only way to get them work. Sad, but true.

On a side note, cranking my imagination up, I can see the future as a big welcome sign at Ellis Island that says: "Suing your way into America! Welcome, plaintiffs!"

The name check issue has been ongoing for several years now..it has taken DHS over 5 years to implement a plan of action to attack the backlogs once and for all. In the mean time, immigrant families are waiting to start their new life in the US. Those with the means have resorted to suing the government successfully. Others are left waiting, putting their lives and plans on hold indefenitly. Shame on the US government for not working faster to fix this sooner..if only they knew or felt what some of these human beings are going through perhaps they would have a sense of greater urgency to work harder to get this mess resolved.

So do you think they will do what they have said in the joint statement from USCIS and FBI? I think they will else they will have more lawsuits to deal with...

Last edited by a moderator: