One Month No Oath Letter?

ApplyinMidwest

Registered Users (C)
It's been a month now, and I still haven't gotten my oath letter. Is this common in Cleveland Ohio for the oath letter to take so long? What's the average time?

Nevermind. In act of desperation and expecting nothing, I actually called USCIS and got the news that my oath is on 02/02. I am almost there...

Which number did you call ? I'm in the same boat waiting for my Oath letter since 6 weeks. I appeared on 11/20 for interview at KS DO.

I dont remember what number I called. It was the local USCIS office, which was vaquely listed because I don't think it was assigned to receive public call. There wasn't even any automated greeting, I got to a person right away. I dont remember the number anymore since my computer history folder has been purged. I am sure you will be able to find your local uscis number if you did a little search, or someone here might have the answer for Kansas DO.

Anyway, I got my oath letter today!!! It's a BIG relief to actually know that I am thisclose to getting my citizenship. It took about 5 months from start to finish, the longest wait being for the oath letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Haresh

I noticed that you recieved your Citizenship through the Kansas City DO office. I have also applied and finished my interview about 5 weeks back and yet waiting for my Oath letter. I noticed that you called a number and they provided you with the details. Can you please provide me with that number so that I can call them and find out details??

Oath letters (like interview letters) vary hugely. Some oaths can be SAME DAY as interview, some can take a couple of months. I really depends on the local office and how backed-up they are with applicants. It can also be delayed, of course, if USCIS need more info. or more checks to be carried out. However, in theory, the USCIS does not invite applicants for interview until all background/name-checks are completed.